PAMP assay cards

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

PAMP assay cards

Postby JadeDragon » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:19 am

I'm thinking of buying more PAMP assay carded metal. Are the cards all the same size for fractional gold, platinum, and palladium regardless of metal or weight up to 1 ounce? How about the Stillwater and APMEX cards? Will they all fit in the same box?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Re: PAMP assay cards

Postby silverflake » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:25 am

Pretty sure the cards are all the same size. I used to buy the 1 gram gold bars then moved to buying the Perth Mint 1 gram carded bars. Cards are both same size between companies too. Maybe check out pictures of say, a 1 gram Pamp card and a 1 oz. They all have a millimeter scale on the back edge of the card. It may help you gauge things to be sure.

Good luck stacking.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JadeDragon » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:17 am

I'm seeing advice that sellers want a big premium on the carded stuff but buyers don''t want it. Also watch out for fakes.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby InfleXion » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:59 pm

I was going to say, the Pamp gold bars in assay cards have been known to be counterfeited, so DYODD on the differences. I saved a screenshot from BS about this that I'll upload. I think natsb88 did the original post, and he also runs a great resource for this type of stuff at fakebullion.com

Personally I prefer Credit Suisse to Pamp, but I do have some Pamp in my stack as well which I examined more closely after finding out about this.
Attachments
pamp.png
pamp.png (497.93 KiB) Viewed 353 times
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals