Bump of the day

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Bump of the day

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:55 pm

Since folks are complaining about no one around here any more and few posts being done, I'll note the obvious about the double-bump today which suggests that the Fed action was leaked this morning, then a second round of bump at 2pm.

I don't really understand why Fed inaction, which everyone already expects, and which wouldn't have amounted to anything of significance anyway, has any effect, but it did.

It's just an observation.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Bump of the day

Postby rsk1963 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:13 pm

was under the impression that the first bump was due to the BOJ unleashing just under 300 billion in QE in overnight/early morning activities.

the second was due to the FED saying uh maybe next time?
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby AlexTG » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:18 pm

When I read "bump of the day" in the title I thought it was a reference to getting a drug fix, or scratching that itch. Specifically, that you had found a nice silver coin, bar or some other item to scratch that silver itch. Clicked on it hoping for a cool photo of something I've never seen.
AlexTG
Penny Pincher Member

Postby CardsNCoins » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:33 pm

AlexTG wrote:........Clicked on it hoping for a cool photo of something I've never seen.

There ya go

CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:41 pm

Yep - never seen that before...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals