Crazy stuff you do/have done while searching...

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Crazy stuff you do/have done while searching...

Postby Pennybug » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:49 pm

OK... I actually searched $30 in halves driving home from the bank today :lol: . NOT SMART I KNOW! I don't think I'll do it again.... but it got me to wondering... what do others do while searching?

I was thinking that when I get a sniper this summer... I might hook it to a cigarette lighter inverter and drop in pennies as I drive! :D
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Re: Crazy stuff you do/have done while searching...

Postby scrapper2010 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:49 am

I picked up seven rolls of halves earlier this week from a Chase bank and opened them while walking to my credit union's coin machine about four blocks away. Thank goodness for big coat pockets.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby marhjan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:33 pm

another reason to love Realcent... I know I'm not the only lunatic out there. I will usually pull over to answer my cell phone but have opened rolls of coins and packs of baseball cards more than a few times while driving ;-)
There's no government like NO GOVERNMENT!

http://www.bitcoinplus.com/generate?for=818142 - if you just want to be nice ;-)
marhjan

Postby Pennybug » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:07 pm

scrapper2010 wrote:I picked up seven rolls of halves earlier this week from a Chase bank and opened them while walking to my credit union's coin machine about four blocks away. Thank goodness for big coat pockets.

Scrapper... Just don't end up on youtube like this lady who can't walk and do anything else. :lol: (course the alternative for me driving and checking is... well... much worse) To think... she's suing the mall for that fountain not having a guard rail too! What a world!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPpzj4PjNjU
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:11 pm

I bought about 8 bags of pennies from a bank at lunch, put them in my trunk, and was too tired to get them out. Drove to work with them in the trunk and got a flat tire. Had to unload 8 bags of pennies to get to the spare.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby commoncents » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:01 am

Browse internet posts on Realcent, on youtube that relate to coin sorting and silver and gold, and coin making. Don't watch TV so internet is my 'down time'.
Don't make me hungry - you wouldn't like me when I'm hungry !
commoncents
Penny Sorter Member

Postby bman » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:39 am

you think looking at halves while driving is bad? try looking at the dates on pennies at 60 mph :shock: I've done it :oops:
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby hirbonzig » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:44 am

I'm guilty of searching and driving also--not a smart thing to do. I can't help running my hands through a bag of halves listening for that sweet sound of silver, and then check a handfull while going down the road. I've also searched through coins on long road trips while my wife is driving. I'm sure I got quite a few "what the #@!% is that guy doing" from passing truckers looking down at me with my 5 gallon bucket between my legs full of nickels,dimes and halves.
“Someone’s gonna have to go back and get a sh*t load of dimes.”
hirbonzig
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby hirbonzig » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:51 am

Oh, I will also get the "what the #@!% is that guy doing" comment from my wife too! ;)
“Someone’s gonna have to go back and get a sh*t load of dimes.”
hirbonzig
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals