Gold theif

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Gold theif

Postby hobo finds » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:23 pm

hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Gold theif

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:46 pm

Great googely-moogely. :shock:

I'm trying to wrap my head around the transport. Does/did the company assume that it was inconspicuous enough that it didn't warrant any form of armed security, or buddy system?

That's over 1,200 troy ounces of gold... in a single bucket. The equivalent of about two-and-a-half Monster Boxes of Gold Eagles....

Wowza.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby hobo finds » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:04 pm

How can he possibly sell this stuff? The video is great keeps walking buy open truck many times and then says WTF I'll take it! And the other videos of him struggling to move the bucket sown the streets of NYC :lol:
hobo finds

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:25 pm

hobo finds wrote: And the other videos of him struggling to move the bucket sown the streets of NYC :lol:

I guess now we all have a reference point if we ever need to make a quick getaway with one of our penny buckets.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:22 pm

I wonder why they suspect he's hiding out in Florida...
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

NOTE: ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- often
substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) and selling short as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:06 pm

If I were him, I think i would hail a cab instead of breaking my back lugging it down the street.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:21 pm

hobo finds wrote:How can he possibly sell this stuff? :

To be honest, I would high tail it to Alaska, take it to one of those local smelters, act like you just mined it, they then pay you cash for it, you could of course continue to live in Alaska as would be alot less people to recognize you than in Florida....

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:29 pm

CLINT-THE-GREAT wrote:
hobo finds wrote:How can he possibly sell this stuff? :

To be honest, I would high tail it to Alaska, take it to one of those local smelters, act like you just mined it, they then pay you cash for it, you could of course continue to live in Alaska as would be alot less people to recognize you than in Florida....

-The Great

Clint, do you realize the complete irony of your wording? :shock: :lol:

Anyways, good to see you posting again, friend. :wave:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:35 pm

beauanderos wrote:Clint, do you realize the complete irony of your wording? :shock: :lol:

Anyways, good to see you posting again, friend. :wave:

I'm only here to entertain you Ray.... :o :lol: :lol:

Glad to be back. Spent alot of money on a new house and new child in the last couple months.... still don't know which one was the better deal yet.. :shock:

I've been missing my RC brothers and just reading some of the quick posts reminds me why I love this community so much

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals