German gold repatriation

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

German gold repatriation

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:32 pm

This one slipped by me, but last year Germany completed their partial repatriation of 300 tons of gold from New York that was started in 2013.

[link to a news source article added]
http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/germany- ... -1.3277507
Last edited by 68Camaro on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: German gold repatriation

Postby daviscfad » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:33 pm

Nice, and not surprising
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:52 pm

Interesting- never heard anything about the successful portion of this. I sure hope they authenticated the gold before taking it back...
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby AlexTG » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:35 pm

I firmly believe we never heard the successful completion of this story because it is not in the interest of companies that sell gold and silver to tell us when things go correctly in the market. Many gold sellers work simply on fear. So there is no point telling your customers that the US had enough gold to give back Germany all of its gold.
AlexTG
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:39 pm

Regardless, it's still a significant story that it took them 3 years to get back only 20% of their US stored gold.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm

Only 20 percent of it? Why should it take 3 years to get that back? I would hate to wait 3 years for anything....
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby wolvesdad » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:06 am

Maybe Northwest Territorial was handling the fulfillment side.
wolvesdad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:24 am

Added link to a news source...
68Camaro

Postby pennypicker » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:19 am

wolvesdad wrote:Maybe Northwest Territorial was handling the fulfillment side.

Got a good laugh out of that one :lol:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:21 pm

68Camaro wrote:Added link to a news source...

Oh sure, THERE it is! :lol:

A trusted relationship with the Fed? :? 300 tons is a lot, no doubt.
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby InfleXion » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:55 pm

When you can create money from thin air, buying up any quantity of gold is merely a matter of time. Now we have a litmus test for how long it actually takes. Though it may take longer in the future.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals