Best Times to Buy Silver and Gold

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Best Times to Buy Silver and Gold

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:46 pm

Most of us have watched (some in horror :shock:) after making carefully planned purchases during dips... only to witness further plunges to unimaginable
depths. We curse to ourselves, recognizing how much further prices will have to recover before we show a profit, or castigate ourselves, realizing that we
could have bought xxxx amount more ounces of what our purchases consisted of. So why don't we post a calendar of the best times (of day, of week, of month)
to make our buys... making our slim wallets extend just a bit further?

For instance, I don't suppose there are many out there who refuse to recognize that the markets are manipulated. Rather than rant against the unfairness of it
all, why not take advantage of it? There are historical charts (Dmitri Speck) that show the best months of the years to make buys (although those who steer the
prices can read those charts as well, capitalizing on misdirection to further demoralize the stacking crowd). There is also widespread recognition that there are
orchestrated take-downs every time the notes are released from previous FOMC meetings, current ones, or testimony given before congress by the current
FedHead. Also, just prior to the jobs report on Friday's, and prior to option expiry dates so as to make futures holders positions worthless.

Any others? Let's keep this post current (I don't have the time to do it all myself, I need your help folks) so that we don't inadvertently buy (to the best of our
ability... knowledge is power) right before another banking bastards induced price plunge.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Best Times to Buy Silver and Gold

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:46 pm

beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:50 pm

beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:52 pm

beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:55 pm

beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:57 pm

The FOMC holds eight regularly scheduled meetings during the year and other meetings as needed.
The minutes of regularly scheduled meetings are released three weeks after the date of the policy decision.

Last edited by beauanderos on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:14 pm

having trouble finding a silver intraday trading chart, but it closely tracks gold. Would
be nice if someone can post something more current.

http://www.gold-eagle.com/article/gold-manipulation-intraday-charts good read on manipulation
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:37 pm

Anyway... the point of this research being that if you're planning to make an online buy (group buy, large personal purchase)
why not take advantage of patterns that are discernible with just a bit of research? Recent history suggests that there are
certainly more opportune times during each day to make buys (a few minutes after price declines at 10 AM and Noon EST). :shh:
beauanderos

Postby silverflake » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:53 pm

Sounds like a fantastic idea here. I will need to make up a calendar of "Dates When Silverflake Buys PMs" because the price will dip in the days following my purchase. Maybe a slide rule or something....

Keep stacking (on the right days).
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:19 pm

Dollar bonus for you! Great idea Ray, thanks for the charts..
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby pennypicker » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:35 pm

It's your intraday chart that I find the most interesting and helpful but my eye keeps gravitating towards that awesome 879 feedback score :o
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Numis Pam » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:12 pm

pennypicker wrote:It's your intraday chart that I find the most interesting and helpful but my eye keeps gravitating towards that awesome 879 feedback score :o

967 feedback score now! :lol:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby oober » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:54 pm

Sell in May, Buy in October. Kind of what I had followed. But haven't bought in 4 yrs. SO things might have changed. Only buy/sell speculations right now.
oober
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby silverflake » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:39 am

I am selling cash secured puts on GDX and WPM right now to generate income and if I get put into the stocks, so be it. I am not TOO excited about committing to buying gold/silver stocks outright but will take them on the cheap if I can. I continue to dollar cost average physical gold/silver every month with my limited savings. Stacking a little at a time without "timing" is comforting to me.

Keep stacking.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JobIII » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:59 am

just buy on a regular rotation. Then those dips don't really matter over time. dollar cost averaging nearly always beats my carefully timed bulk purchases.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals