Silver confiscation order from 1934

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Postby Ardent Listener » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Here is the link to the actual order from the secretary of the Treasury.

They only went after those holding 50,000 ounces of Silver or more and/or more than "two" futures contracts.

This is a far cry from the order given by the President.

http://www.silver-investor.com/charless ... silver.pdf
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Re: Silver confiscation order from 1934

Postby BOHICA » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:22 pm

Have you noticed how all of these new TV shows are bringing a bad name to "Hoarders"?
BOHICA
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Ardent Listener » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Yes, I have. And they will probably come out with a medication for penny and nickel hoarding soon. Of course hoarding 1,000 used pizza boxes in your living room is rather odd to say the least. And that is coming from a guy with almost two tons of nickels. :)
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Postby frugalcanuck » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:15 pm

just like the negative connotation for conspiracy
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby misteroman » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:27 pm

man most of them are from NY or PA. only 2 from wny
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Neckro » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:43 pm

How is investing in PM's hoarding? There is no difference between investing in them and stocks.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:50 pm

I would hoard cats if there was profit, beyond the love of 73 feline friends, to be had.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:27 am

50,000 ounces of silver? KA-CHING!! Wouldn't you like to hold that much right now?

2 TONS OF NICKELS?! Wow! Impressive!

Yes, under a national emergency, the Federal gov. can take anything it wants. They can take your ___fill_in_the_blank____ anything if it fits their needs.

Hoard cats for profit? It has been done before. Ever wonder how they came up with the idea of using cat guts for medical stiches and violin strings? Must have come from an intense hatred of cats! :mrgreen: :lol:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Radiant » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:43 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:50,000 ounces of silver? KA-CHING!! Wouldn't you like to hold that much right now?

Yes, under a national emergency, the Federal gov. can take anything it wants. They can take your ___fill_in_the_blank____ anything if it fits their needs.

Hoard cats for profit? It has been done before. Ever wonder how they came up with the idea of using cat guts for medical stiches and violin strings? Must have come from an intense hatred of cats! :mrgreen: :lol:

yeah it would be nice to hold it if you can hold 3,125LBS :D
Radiant
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:10 am

Radiant wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:50,000 ounces of silver? KA-CHING!! Wouldn't you like to hold that much right now?

yeah it would be nice to hold it if you can hold 3,125LBS :D

Be careful, Radiant! That is 50,000 Troy ounces. There are 14 Troy ounces (ozt) in a Troy pound.

50,000 ozt/ 14 ozt = 3,571.42 Troy pounds.

This little difference is how cheaters on feeBay hoodwink people into buying less silver than is advertised. They will show a photo of silver scrap on a scale, using normal pounds,and then sell it at spot in ozt price units.

Yeah, I know, I could not hold it... but I'll betcha I could hug it!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:29 am

Ardent Listener wrote:Silver confiscation order from 1934
Here is the link to the actual order from the secretary of the Treasury.

They only went after those holding 50,000 ounces of Silver or more and/or more than "two" futures contracts.

This is a far cry from the order given by the President.

http://www.silver-investor.com/charless ... silver.pdf
Uh, oh. Guess I'm in trouble then :cry:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:32 am

Rodebaugh wrote:I would hoard cats if there was profit, beyond the love of 73 feline friends, to be had.
Then, Chris, you'll love this... http://www.catsforgold.com/
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:37 am

beauanderos wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:I would hoard cats if there was profit, beyond the love of 73 feline friends, to be had.
Then, Chris, you'll love this... http://www.catsforgold.com/

Thanks for the link....it made my day :lol:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Neckro » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:53 am

... There are 12Toz in 1 Tpound
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby Sanford02 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:58 pm

73?? you set your aim too low. The real cat hoarders gain 73 in a day just from new births.
Sanford02
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:47 pm

Neckro wrote:... There are 12Toz in 1 Tpound

Well, darn. I shoulda looked it up before I opened my big mouth. :oops: Thanks, Neckro.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby rainsonme » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:19 pm

I am not excessively paranoid (by my own assessment), but I think buying and selling physical silver or gold at some point in the future, should be done in the quantities that don't require recording, and don't bring attention. For me, this means that the lower denomination coins, 50cents and below, are the sweet spot (for me). Who will ever know what I have in my basement?
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Ardent Listener » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Us. :mrgreen:
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Postby coppernickel » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:58 pm

Reading some old posts and I came to this. Boy was this a blast from the past, and it is still relevant.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals