When Trump Accepted Gold from APMEX

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

When Trump Accepted Gold from APMEX

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:39 pm

Some may not remember this, but back in 2011 "The Donald" rented the entire 50th floor of his 40 Wall Street building to APMEX. APMEX signed a 10-year lease with Trump. I remember seeing Trump flash three 2-pound gold bars that were used as the security deposit by APMEX. I read that those bars at the time were worth something like $200k.

Has anyone else seen anything like this since involving either gold or silver? (Sorry, not bitcoin for this thread.)

I do remember that same year (2011) we needed to have a new roof installed and the roofer offered to have me pay him in silver. He was just some no-name operator I've never heard of and it was difficult to get good references on him, so I passed. But I do have to wonder how often this barter stuff goes on.

I wouldn't be surprised, for instance, if someone bought a Tesla for gold and/or silver.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: When Trump Accepted Gold from APMEX

Postby InfleXion » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:20 am

I don't think I ever heard about this. I spent more of my efforts trying to ignore TD ever since I learned about his ACN pyramid scheme. I know a couple people who tried to sell me on it at the time. It was like how do you not know that this is a pyramid scheme. How do you not know why pyramid schemes are bad? And then they'll be persistent, bald faced about finding a bigger sucker. As long as you're not last, you win! No class.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals