USD rising, still going up. Good time to buy PMs approaching

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

USD rising, still going up. Good time to buy PMs approaching

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:19 am

We seem to have gone through these cycles every year or two during the past 6-8 years, and while I'm not clear what is driving the USD up except for the Turkish Russian Iranian tensions, the fact is it is going back up, and that means PMs are and will be on sale (to the extent you can find it at low premium). Time to keep a sharp eye open!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: USD rising, still going up. Good time to buy PMs approac

Postby pennypicker » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:17 am

Yep, good time to work on lowering your DCA...I'm still sitting on silver I paid $42 an ounce for :o
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Prices are getting hammered and premiums are still very low. This is a great opportunity to accumulate. The strong hands with dry powder available should be taking advantage of this. The price may go lower, even down to $8, but you won't be able to buy it at that price... the premiums will be 50-100%.

Buy, buy, BUY!
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:06 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Prices are getting hammered and premiums are still very low. This is a great opportunity to accumulate. The strong hands with dry powder available should be taking advantage of this. The price may go lower, even down to $8, but you won't be able to buy it at that price... the premiums will be 50-100%.

Buy, buy, BUY!

Agree that if silver gets down to single digits it will not likely be there long and will have huge premiums. I remember well in September or October, 2008 trying to buy silver American Eagles. The dealer told me the limit was 2 coins (not rolls) per customer. Yikes! Likewise in January 1980 with silver at about $50ish for the first time ever, the refiners had a backup of several months because so many were selling. So the price actually paid for silver coins was more like what you would expect at $35/oz. Nonetheless, I took my modest stash and used it to buy five new three-piece suits with ties, shirts, etc. My average cost had been something like $3/oz.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby misteroman » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:31 pm

I personally know 2 people that said if it ever got below 10 an ounce they would both throw 100k+ at it. I know that's only 2 people but imagine there are many many more people that would too
misteroman

Postby mflugher » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:51 pm

At single digits I'd buy a futures contract and drive to chicago for delivery.
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals