Found silver and copper

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Found silver and copper

Postby mark8925 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:59 pm

I rarely look at the local coinstar machine but today I did and found 1 silver quarter, 1 wheat penny, 2 copper pennies, and a few foreign coins. My lucky day. I immediately bought a lottery ticket. We will see if my luck holds out in a few days
mark8925
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Found silver and copper

Postby NotABigDeal » Mon May 07, 2018 7:19 am

Great finds. Keep up the search.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Robarons » Sun May 13, 2018 7:33 pm

Congrats- Silver Quarters are especially hard to find in the wild. You can search thru dozens of Quarter boxes and not find a single one.

Cant check my coinstar, we have a greeter by the door who keeps an eye on it.
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon May 14, 2018 2:39 am

Robarons wrote:Congrats- Silver Quarters are especially hard to find in the wild. You can search thru dozens of Quarter boxes and not find a single one.

+1
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon May 14, 2018 2:41 am

Mark:

Still looking for an update on that lottery ticket. Or are you one of those guys who, when he wins a big jackpot, wants to remain anonymous and doesn't come forward until the day the ticket expires?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby mark8925 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:27 am

No winning lottery ticket, but 2 days ago I found a 40% half dollar.
mark8925
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Robarons » Sun May 20, 2018 3:14 pm

Was the 40% found in a coinstar as well or from a bank/roll seaching? Do not think I have ever seen anyone get a half dollar from a coin star
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun May 20, 2018 11:42 pm

Robarons wrote:Was the 40% found in a coinstar as well or from a bank/roll seaching? Do not think I have ever seen anyone get a half dollar from a coin star

Agree with the difficulty of finding halves at a Coinstar. coindood found $42.07 last year and itemized everything- no halves. Just an FYI- apparently it is possible to find dollar coins (Presidential and Sacagawea)- silverflake found a bunch late last year and/or early this year. Don't believe I've ever gotten a half dollar or a dollar coin from Coinstar.

Recyclersteve

Postby knibloe » Tue May 22, 2018 6:03 am

Robarons wrote:Was the 40% found in a coinstar as well or from a bank/roll seaching? Do not think I have ever seen anyone get a half dollar from a coin star

I got a couple of Ike dollars from a coin counter several years ago. Situation was a little different. Someone had tried to count them, and they got stuck in the machine. I could hear something rattling around inside, so I dumped my coins fast enough to jam the machine. They cleared the jam and I had them check deeper inside and out came the two Ikes.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby mark8925 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:21 pm

Half dollar was in the cash register where I work.
mark8925
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TitusFable » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:05 pm

I started mostly in silver and trying to find 90%.
However, it seems that I keep running into wheaties. It seems that I'm supposed to be in pennies and not silver. Or perhaps the mystery man (all the banks and credit unions have told me not waste my time roll hunting since this man has already come through and marked their containers) doesn't hunt wheaties...
TitusFable

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals