Another credit union coin machine goes fee

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Another credit union coin machine goes fee

Postby cwgii » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:26 pm

Another cu has given in to the cost of providing this service. Down to one in Tucson.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Another credit union coin machine goes fee

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:13 am

It should be free to use the machine if you have an account there. If not, find another credit union.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby everything » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:08 pm

Really?, wow, I'm going on a coin return spree next week, I'm not waiting until I can't get rid of these things, I'm only keeping the wheats.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby everything » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:10 pm

Almost got rid of everything I had. Still, it is hard to let them go, but got easier. My new theory on holding pennies is that I've got a savings account that I can earn 1.5%, may as well earn interest vs. piling them up, and just convert them into gold when the time is right.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:27 am

everything wrote:Almost got rid of everything I had. Still, it is hard to let them go, but got easier. My new theory on holding pennies is that I've got a savings account that I can earn 1.5%, may as well earn interest vs. piling them up, and just convert them into gold when the time is right.

Unless you are in dire need of cash, why not just hold on to your coppers and wait? 1.5% interest is far below the inflation rate. Also, you have to pay tax on that interest. Better to hold on to the copper if you don't need the cash. I have approx. 2 tons of pre-1982 coppers and I'm not letting any go.

Over the years I've noticed there are lots of impatient people in this forum. Timing is important, but patience is even more so.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals