Back up the truck

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Back up the truck

Postby slvrbck » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:55 pm

Remember when silver was in the 40’s and everyone was saying “if silver hits $XX I’m backing up the truck!” Hope y’all stuck to your guns. . . Things are getting weird again. Stay safe y’all.
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Re: Back up the truck

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:26 am

I did back up the truck, but it was a very small one. It was made by Tonka! :)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:45 am

slvrbck wrote:Remember when silver was in the 40’s and everyone was saying “if silver hits $XX I’m backing up the truck!” Hope y’all stuck to your guns. . . Things are getting weird again. Stay safe y’all.

cash silver, .9999 + .999 Ag Coinage is trading $40, in the roll, IF you can find them...(when i ref "Ag coinage', i'm only referencing American Silver eagle's (must be slabbed as a roll, thanks to years of chinese counterfeits) and Canadian Silver Maple leafs),,,,,the basis, board to cash is anywhere from +$5-$12

i saw that too, 'about backing up the truck'......i hear ya, trouble is, you got to have gas/diesel for the truck.....and one must provide their own security.........and one must provide fuel for our bodies.......so, we stack, and some of us might have gone to ground, as cities consume, they dont produce, hence they are dependent...........i'll say this again, Ag will be classified/legislated as a "vital national security resource", and private ownership of Ag will be "legislated" illegal, and citizens will be required to exchange their Ag for something that is being concocted by these thieves called "FedCoin".
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:25 pm

How about in March when it was $12.00? I bought huge that day. Trying to get friends and family to buy was like pulling teeth... even some ppl here didn't seem that enthusiastic about it. Big opportunity missed and gone, maybe forever.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:22 am

I bought shares of the silver ETF (SLV) in the pre-market session on Tuesday for about $22.55ish per share. This is a nice dip IMHO and I am prepared to buy even more if it keeps going down.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Know Common Cents » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:49 pm

I learned long ago (as in decades, that is) to take a punch. Also learned to buy things that no one seemed to want. In the past few weeks, I've sold off all my cull or slick Walkers and Washingtons for cash. Slight to moderate discounting allowed by me for their excessive wear, holes, scratches or a bend or two, but the CIF (Cash In Fist) factor is most satisfying.

I'm quite content to see them disappear. The melting pot is the great equalizer.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:48 am

I said I'd buy more SLV if it kept going down and bought shares in Wednesday's pre-market session for around $20.50ish. I even bought some for my daughter.

Recyclersteve

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals