Stupid People

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Stupid People

Postby BamaJoe » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:01 pm

So, I'm visiting one of my local dealer buddies today picking out a few things and a bright shiny red Mercedes E Class pulls up to the front door that couldn't have been older than a 2009. A guy comes in carying a box and immediately goes into a story about how he needs to sell this "stuff" because the repoman is looking for his car, he needs $1300 for last months rent and his credit cards are being declined. My friend and I look at each other wondering if he's an escaped mental patient. Turns out that he had 3 100oz bars in the box. The guy said his dad bought them 8 years ago, his dad recently died and want's to see if these bars are worth anything.

I resisted the urge to tell him to let the repoman have the car, move to a cheaper place, cut up the credit cards, and keep the silver, but stayed silent - not wanting to ruin a possible buy for my buddy. He ask the guy what he needs today and the guy says 5k. To be honest I probably would have handed the guy 5k and sent him walking out the door, but he gives him 5700 for the bars.

I guess there's just no hope for some people, they are going to live beyond their means until the bitter end.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Stupid People

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:11 pm

your buddy is a good man for giving ol' El stupido such a fair deal on his fire sale.

Who knows TSHTF may have been happening in this man's life? lost job, divorce, ect..... Still no reason to live beyond ones means.

Live by plastic.....die by plastic. :(
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby rickygee » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Ya know, I hope I would have had the character your buddy showed and you too, for that matter, for remaining silent. Good on y'all. Might have given the joker a new start...well, maybe, kinda. What's an E class worth? :lol:
rickygee
Penny Collector Member

Postby slickeast » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:53 am

rickygee wrote:Ya know, I hope I would have had the character your buddy showed and you too, for that matter, for remaining silent. Good on y'all. Might have given the joker a new start...well, maybe, kinda. What's an E class worth? :lol:

$50,000 and up. The repair bills are rough too!!!
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby cesariojpn » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:08 am

Heck, doing up an older Mercedes is abit of a rough gamble as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POzLy_h-IC4
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby misteroman » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:24 am

Just sold a 300sd for a guy last week and he told me he had paid 70k+for it in 92 :o Couldn't believe it. Heck new Vettes were only$30k then
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals