I saw the "Old Lady" today at the bank!!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

I saw the "Old Lady" today at the bank!!

Postby jtlee321 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:06 pm

The old lady was at the tellers window today when I visited the bank. I could hear the silver mixed in with the clad coins she had brought in to cash out. My heart started pounding. I kept chanting to myself please don't put that in the coin counter. The teller counted it by hand and put it in her tray. The lady left and I was next. I asked the teller if I could purchase the coins that that lady had just brought in. The teller asked which ones and I could see the silver. I pointed them out and the teller say's here you go. It was not a huge score but not bad.. 4 40% halves, 1 silver quarter and 3 silver dimes. She had brought in a bunch of Ike Dollars and I rim checked those and no silver. I was sooo happy with that little score!! :D
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Re: I saw the "Old Lady" today at the bank!!

Postby aloneibreak » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:19 pm

right place right time ! :)
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:20 pm

Poor old lady...im sure she was depositing her change @ the bank while she was on her way to the store to buy her weekly ration of dog food....
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Roadrunner » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:23 pm

I saw a middle-aged lady right in front of me at the bank yesterday. She had a bag of coins and dollar bills. I knew what would happen: "No ma'am, I'm sorry, we don't have a coin counter." I felt like just offering to count them for her and give her face value, but I didn't.
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby jtlee321 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:53 pm

I felt bad for the lady. But I had gotten there just a bit late. I could hear the silver when I walked in knew I could not interrupt the transaction. The teller had no idea about the silver either. I could not believe the teller had no idea what the lady had just brought in. She only commented on the Ike dollars and nothing else. I guess I'm glad I was able to give the coins a good home.
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:57 am

AGCoinHunter wrote:Poor old lady...im sure she was depositing her change @ the bank while she was on her way to the store to buy her weekly ration of dog food....

and steak for her dog. :roll:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals