90% premiums increasing

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

90% premiums increasing

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:06 am

The premium increases are small, but have been steadily rising over the past 2 weeks.

I actually prefer 90% over ASEs and bars; it's fractional, it's old US money, there's much less chance of counterfeiting and they aren't making anymore of it.

Mercury dimes are my fav 90%.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: 90% premiums increasing

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:31 am

Anyone have some Mercs for sale at spot? Lol
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:57 am

68Camaro wrote:Anyone have some Mercs for sale at spot? Lol

2-3 weeks ago the guy who owns the shop in Spring Hill/Tampa was selling his 90% at spot, including Mercs.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:10 am

This is great news but take advantage of it while you can.

I think with the dollar debasement thats necessary to just pay the interest on the debt we are going to see gold and silver continue to trade up as short dollar trades. Because that is mechanistic, rather than tied to demand for phyz, premiums drop.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:04 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
68Camaro wrote:Anyone have some Mercs for sale at spot? Lol

2-3 weeks ago the guy who owns the shop in Spring Hill/Tampa was selling his 90% at spot, including Mercs.

Nice for anyone in that area.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby pennypicker » Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:25 pm

I regularly watch YouTube and listen to what coin shop dealers around the country have to say, and when asked which form of 90% sales the quickest in their shops they say Mercs by a wide margin!
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:47 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:The premium increases are small, but have been steadily rising over the past 2 weeks.

I actually prefer 90% over ASEs and bars; it's fractional, it's old US money, there's much less chance of counterfeiting and they aren't making anymore of it.

Mercury dimes are my fav 90%.

nice thread Penny...thinking......the trend is our friend, and i dont only mean chart's. ie, lets code frn's as "s+h greenstamps. yeh?

and you and my brother say the same thing, ...90's!!!

the "trouble" is two fold, the second wave of stickers has crashed into a market that has the bottom of the barrel in population for sale. Maybe a lot of us who picked low hanging fruit in 1995, or 2000, 2005, and maybe i doubled down on the kick up in ...what 2011?...so what?.....my avg is solid, i never sold a toz in my life...for what? s+h green stamp coupons?....I GOT THEM TOO!!! just in case.....(i'm laughing, not shouting)......i aint gonna buy low grade, what i been buying are gem ten faces, and i pay up, though i did through an amicable misunderstanding backed out of 55 times bid, the listing was for half roll, 20 pcs, but i SAW 40...in my mind, my BAD, called the seller, and it was all good. I just cant pay 110 times face......yet.

i aint a rich guy...if i was, and there was an open outcry pit, like the belly pit back in the old daze? i'd stand up and holler "600 for a Thousand!!!"...meaning 600 times face for a thousand ten face GEM rolls.....what bid would draw a flood of 90's holders to sell?......700? 800?
But a neat thing is this, the market for 90's, Constitutional Money is decentralized....what next?...portends rough sailing, folks aint behaving...what's new?,,,NICE thread Penny!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals