nice snag at coin shop

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

nice snag at coin shop

Postby realmoneyHOARDER » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:10 pm

I snagged some silver under spot at the local dealer

I got 5 90% dimes for $2 each, 5 standing libs for $5 each, a walker for$11 and a '22 peace for $27

Edit: I also got some british silver i really dont know if thats a deal or not, but i got a 1941 2 shilling and a 1942 six pence.

Any help with the british silver would be appreciated

Thanks!
realmoneyHOARDER

Re: nice snag at coin shop

Postby HPMBTT » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:35 pm

-Florin (two shillings). KM#855, 11.3104g, .50 silver, .1818 oz ASW. 28.3mm, Ruler: George VI. Obverse: Head left. Reverse: crowned tudor rose, thistle, letter 'G' and shamrock, letter 'R' flanking.
-6 Pence. KM#852, 2.8276g, .50 silver, .0455 ASW, 19.5mm. Ruler George VI. Obverse: Head left. Reverse: crowned monogram divides date.

Get yourself a Krause coin book (used or new), which is helpful for the foreign stuff.

and....

Welcome to the madness. :)
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TXBullion » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:47 pm

I think the pennypauper was selling some books, not sure if he has them still
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby HPMBTT » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Yep. That's where I got mine from. :)

RMH: Check the Want to Trade/Sell section of the forum and look for PennyPauper's Krause Book post. He will exchange for some silver too.
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals