this dealer

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

this dealer

Postby snappy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:30 pm

http://www.northjersey.com/news/1189670 ... coins.html

said he got ripped off buying counterfit morgans.
He purchaced them for 7.5x face and they turned out to be fake.
I think any dealer that offers that low of a price, should be ripped off. Lord knows he has ripped off enough people with such low offers. at this time of this posting the melt for them would have been 29.2x face. paid $1200 for 160 coins valued (if real) $4670.00
snappy
Penny Collector Member

Re: this dealer

Postby bgretz1989 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:51 pm

well $1200 for 160 fake coins seems like a great deal on the sellers part. :lol:
bgretz1989
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mossy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:02 pm

That was funny, and he was getting no sympathy in the comments section where I read it. (Note to me: Get scale and list of coins and wts)
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby PennyPauper » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:10 am

Why do coin dealers get bad raps? This guy. I know many good,honest ones that deal with just this kind of image.
This guy was lazy and even more so,greedy.
Reminds me of a story I heard of a local dealer buying 20 gold coins and paying cash.Turns out most of them were fakes.
In a rush to get over on someone and turns out he burned himself.Then goes crying to the police making all kind of noise.
Turns out he didn't do the right paperwork either,and gave the guy over 10k in cash.They should both be in jail in my book.
This is why it pays to be honest,you keep your good name,and the likelihood of this happening to you goes way down.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby VWBEAMER » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:04 pm

I was thinking this was just Karma. Anything less than half of melt is just taking advantage of someone IMHO.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals