My first venture into silver buying

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

My first venture into silver buying

Postby ed_vantage17 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Just spent an hour trolling eBay for well priced silver. Net result: 16 dimes (all roosevelt) for $44.10 shipped. Grand total of 6 cents over spot for the whole ball of wax. Feel good so far. Let's see when I get 'em.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: My first venture into silver buying

Postby jasmatk » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:54 pm

not a bad deal but I would try pawn,coin,and gold buying shops as you will find better deals than ebay most of the time or try the market area on this site.

now that you bought once are you hooked?
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: My first venture into silver buying

Postby ed_vantage17 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:29 pm

I've been fascinated with precious metals since I was a kid. Dunno why. Right now I'm trying to save some cash for a large purchase down the road a bit. I feel if my savings is not 100% liquid I won't be so tempted to spend it on something I don't really need and I can keep my goal. If I make a few bucks along they way, even better.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals