Investing in rhodium, ruthenium, iridium, & osmium

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Investing in rhodium, ruthenium, iridium, & osmium

Postby Ardent Listener » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:57 pm

About this site

The primary purpose of this site is to provide useful information to people who are interested in investing in the "exotic" platinum group metals (PGMs), namely ruthenium, rhodium, osmium, and iridium. How are these metals traded? What is their current value? How do you go about buying them? Answers to questions such as these can be extremely difficult to find. We hope that this site will change that. We also intend to provide links to other useful information about the science of platinum group metals, and their present and future applications.

Continue> go to link below.

http://www.platinumgroupmetals.org/
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Re: Investing in rhodium, ruthenium, iridium, & osmium

Postby commoncents » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:22 am

Be aware that metallic osmium and iridium exposed to the atmosphere form tetraoxides - which are quite poisenous. Industrial uses of osmium and iridium typically add tiny amounts to other metals to improve the alloy's quality for special purposes. Such alloys are not dangerous because the amount of osmium or iridium exposed is tiny.

I think they're cool, but the hazard is daunting.
Don't make me hungry - you wouldn't like me when I'm hungry !
commoncents
Penny Sorter Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:05 am

Is the Mint issuing Green Kryptonite one ounce coins yet? ImageThat would be super, man! Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:19 pm

I am interested in rhodium if I can get it anywhere even slightly near the spot price. After reading this I checked feebay and I see the cohen mint made 1 gram rhodium coins. Of course to buy any costs more than twice the spot price. If I recall a couple years ago the price went up to like 10 grand an ounce so I think that could happen again.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:33 pm

I know a guy that knows a guy........yeah thats a bunch of bull...... but here is a link to some Rhodium Sponge for sell.

https://online.kitco.com/bullion/comple ... ml#rhodium
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:37 pm

Please note that to keep the Kitco Rhodium Chain of Integrity intact and to protect the resale value of your Kitco Rhodium Sponge holding, you must store it at a Kitco Recognized Storage Facility. You may have your purchase delivered to any North American address via a Kitco Recognized Secure Transport Provider, but this will impact the resale value of your holding.

to keep the Kitco Rhodium Chain of Integrity intact- The heck with the kitco chain of integrity....I WANT DELIVERY!!!

this will impact the resale value of your holding- Only if I wabt to sell it back to you clowns.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals