Need advice; I just hit a BU box of halves!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Need advice; I just hit a BU box of halves!

Postby HPMBTT » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:58 pm

Need some advice here. Was doing two boxes of halves tonight...anyway, I just opened the second one and what do you know..I see 50 rolls of bright/shiny halves (2001-D). I mean these things are so shiny they are almost blinding! I never had this happen before. Upon closer inspection, I see NF String in son and they are all in perfect yellow wrappers. When checking the ends, 40 out of 50 have at least one side showing a brand new 2001-D BU half.

What do I do with this box??? Do I break open one roll to verify first? Should I sell it here in Realcent? Would anyone even buy it? My greysheet has it at $12.50/$13.50 for a single roll. So assuming it's a BU box, that's $625, if they are valued at $12.50 a roll.

If I return them to the bank, do I return them as-is (rolled) or do I open them and return in bags as usual?

Thanks for any advice. :)
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Need advice; I just hit a BU box of halves!

Postby DeanStockwell » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:19 am

Probably not worth the hassle to sell...but maybe put a listing up in the buy it now section here. Cool find, though. :mrgreen:
Most people do not consider dawn to be an attractive experience - unless they are still awake.
DeanStockwell
Penny Pincher Member

Postby HPMBTT » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:14 am

Sigh. :( What a shame. Now if only they were 1964-1969...one can dream, right?
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby DeanStockwell » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:29 am

If only! It's a cool find, at least put them up in the buy it now to see if you get any biters. :)
Most people do not consider dawn to be an attractive experience - unless they are still awake.
DeanStockwell
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals