Interesting posts on CNBC precious metal stories

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Interesting posts on CNBC precious metal stories

Postby Pennysaved » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:30 pm

Not sure if you guys read CNBC but there is someone who always posts the same comments whenever there is a precious metal story.

It might be one of us??? but I kind of doubt it since he is saying to only buy pre-1981 pennies

Str8Talk | Apr 20, 2011 11:03 AM ET

"GOLD is the only REAL CURRENCY" and all other currency values are based on GOLD.

"The Gold Standard" was the reason the dollar became the world currency. When tricky Pres. Nixon took the USD off the gold standard in 1971 gold was valued at about $41 USDs. It quickly rose to about $800 USDs before retracting back to the $250 to $350 range. This is the relationship of value of 1 oz of gold to the $USD. With all the QE/monetizing (money printing) of debt by the FED the USD value relationship to gold has changed (now about $1,400 per oz) as gold has a constant currency value and it's the fiat paper money that decreases in value.

Realize that in 1913 terms the $USD is now valued at about 3 cents.

How's that for the FED debasing our $USD currency purchasing power.

Buy Gold/Silver/Platinum and even pre-1981 copper pennies and you will be very happy you did in 5+ years.

The FED and US Treasury are the largest holders of gold.

The FED/Treasury buys/holds Gold and gives the masses pretty paper.

The $USD is in the 74 range today that's why the market is up

Interesting to see another opinion where someone says to sell everything now:

Coagulant47 | Apr 20, 2011 12:40 PM ET

Silver and gold should be sold ASAP - all of it. The dollar has begun strengthening and will get much stronger with all the Obama budget cuts. The US has a very strict strong dollar policy and this latest run-up in the metals has been a fluke. Count yourself lucky and divest yourself of all precious metal holdings NOW, whether physical, paper or miner equities.

GET OUT OF GOLD AND SILVER NOW BEFORE THE COLLAPSE! GOLD WILL BE AT ~$450 BY YEAR'S END AND SILVER IS LIKELY TO DROP TO $4/OZ. OR SO.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Interesting posts on CNBC precious metal stories

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:03 pm

Silver and gold should be sold ASAP - all of it. The dollar has begun strengthening and will get much stronger with all the Obama budget cuts. The US has a very strict strong dollar policy and this latest run-up in the metals has been a fluke. Count yourself lucky and divest yourself of all precious metal holdings NOW, whether physical, paper or miner equities.

GET OUT OF GOLD AND SILVER NOW BEFORE THE COLLAPSE! GOLD WILL BE AT ~$450 BY YEAR'S END AND SILVER IS LIKELY TO DROP TO $4/OZ. OR SO.

:lol: :lol:

STRONGER WITH ALL THE OBAMA BUDGET CUTS!! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by AGCoinHunter on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:03 pm

Dollar strengthening? Obama budget cuts? US with a strong dollar policy? I am not sure if I am on the same planet as that guy! You can cut all the programs for the poor and destroy the unions and the US would still be in a black hole. Did that guy not hear about the devalued US debt? If silver goes down to 4 bucks I will have exactly enough FRN's to buy food for a day because everything else would be used to buy my favorite metal.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:06 pm

probably Jon Nadler trolling :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby AGgressive Metal » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:48 pm

beauanderos wrote:probably Jon Nadler trolling :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHA
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby justoneguy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Pennysaved wrote:GET OUT OF GOLD AND SILVER NOW BEFORE THE COLLAPSE! GOLD WILL BE AT ~$450 BY YEAR'S END AND SILVER IS LIKELY TO DROP TO $4/OZ. OR SO.

DO IT NOW !! sell your PM's cheap while you still can unload 'em to anyone.
I think everyone should sell to me @ 10x face. :P :P :P
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Beau » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:58 pm

justoneguy wrote:
Pennysaved wrote:GET OUT OF GOLD AND SILVER NOW BEFORE THE COLLAPSE! GOLD WILL BE AT ~$450 BY YEAR'S END AND SILVER IS LIKELY TO DROP TO $4/OZ. OR SO.

DO IT NOW !! sell your PM's cheap while you still can unload 'em to anyone.
I think everyone should sell to me @ 10x face. :P :P :P

Heck I can do better than that, sell them to me at 5 time face, since the silver and gold will be worth nothing you will come out good if you sell at 5 times now to me.

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby knibloe » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:19 pm

blackrabbit wrote:If silver goes down to 4 bucks I will have exactly enough FRN's to buy food for a day because everything else would be used to buy my favorite metal.

If silver goes down to $4.00 I will be selling a lot of stuff to generate cash for a large stash of silver. Heck, I would take the penalty on my 401K and buy all I could.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby wagsthadog » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi there-

Me too- I would buy about 50 bags of 90%, then wait for 30X face again- yoweee!

wags
wagsthadog
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals