Antiques Shop score today

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Antiques Shop score today

Postby Somnophore » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that after Reading about some of you guys making scored at antiques dealers with silver that hadn't been marked up yet I popped
into my local one on the off chance when I was in town. Scored 6 50% silver Half crowns (i'm in the UK) for almost half spot, great deal, thanks for the inspiration.
Somnophore
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Antiques Shop score today

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:55 pm

Congrats. Do it again.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NotABigDeal » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:32 pm

Deals to be had even over seas. Nice finds. Keep up the searches!

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Robarons » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Thats a great score. I would go back for sterling stuff.Antique stores that do not know spot tend to have flatware, candlesticks, jewelry under spot.

Also if you dont mind me asking- do people in Great Britain use Scottish Bank pound notes in circulation very often?
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby Somnophore » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:38 am

Technically Scottish notes are only legal tender in Scotland, and reserved tender in England and Wales. Some shops etc will take Scottish notes, others are funny about it. You see them from time to time in England I think I've been given a £5 Scottish note once in change.
Somnophore
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Somnophore » Wed May 04, 2011 12:10 pm

I took your advice and went back again today, bought a mixed bag of shillings
and florins (two shillings) .500 silver, 1 turned out to be not silver but after that there was 580g of .500 I paid £120 these are going around £200-220 on eBay at least, I think he may even have a few more so going back tomorrow. I going to
be trying to sell these quick as I'm bit broke at the money but also because
silver may be dropping.
Somnophore
Penny Sorter Member

Postby anarchir » Wed May 04, 2011 1:15 pm

This antique shop trick isnt currently working so well thanks to the massive dip.
anarchir
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals