What's in store for Monday????

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: What's in store for Monday????

Postby Country » Sun May 08, 2011 3:59 pm

68Camaro wrote:
Country wrote:Bullion Direct Nucleo has all the 90% you want around 26X face.

http://www.bulliondirect.com/nucleo/showProducts.do?cat=Silver_Bullion&category=1

Haven't actually used their process - anyone familiar with it? What are pros/cons?

Very easy to use. Once you set up your account they give you a trading limit ($25000 at first). It's a real market, with bids and asks. You can leave build up quantities of PM in your account (no fees for temporary storage of the PMs) to either trade it there or get a product withdrawal later. Fees are 1% if your buy, 1% if you sell. For product withdrawals you pay a $5.95 + postage (UPS or USPS Registered); BD covers ALL insurance costs with their Lloyds of London account. To buy, if you don't have the money in your account, you can send the money in with a personal check that must reach them in 7 days. To sell, if you don't have the PMs in your account, you have 7 days to send in the PMs to get them credited into your account. Insurance will be provided by BD, if you use their shipping packaging service.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Tantalar » Sun May 08, 2011 5:22 pm

All the big boys will be buying back in just like I am. We will see $40 silver on Monday.
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Postby moneydog » Sun May 08, 2011 5:55 pm

have used a lot very happy with results they have always done what they say i leave mine there till i get a big enough order to have it shipped into my hoard works out well for me :)
moneydog
Penny Pincher Member

Postby oktyabyr » Sun May 08, 2011 6:07 pm

moneydog wrote:have used a lot very happy with results they have always done what they say i leave mine there till i get a big enough order to have it shipped into my hoard works out well for me :)

That's what I did. Slowly purchased and purchased. Then when I finally had enough to make it worth while, I cashed out my account.
oktyabyr
Penny Collector Member

Postby oktyabyr » Sun May 08, 2011 6:10 pm

tn-dave wrote:
timmus0382 wrote:. I know a couple coin shops in my area own lots of physical around $50 and they are taking a beating right now and probably will be a little weary next time around. With physical trading between 35 and 50 there isn’t enough room to really make any significant gains flipping physical because of the markups.

This is a situation I've really been wondering about. I bet a lot of dealers were clamoring to buy during the run-up because of the demand. But the inventory they bought at around $50 is now going to sell for 25% less. Are they putting it in the safe and waiting or like timmus said just taking a beating.?

Back on topic, I have no idea what's in store Monday :o - I would love to see oil drop a couple dollars a day all week though..

Here's the thing, yes, these coin stores bought at $50. But when they sell right now, the purchase again at current spot. So even thought they paid $50/oz before, when they sell what they have, they purchase at $35/oz to replace it with.
oktyabyr
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun May 08, 2011 6:59 pm

Country wrote:
68Camaro wrote:
Country wrote:Bullion Direct Nucleo has all the 90% you want around 26X face.

http://www.bulliondirect.com/nucleo/showProducts.do?cat=Silver_Bullion&category=1

Haven't actually used their process - anyone familiar with it? What are pros/cons?

Very easy to use. Once you set up your account they give you a trading limit ($25000 at first). It's a real market, with bids and asks. You can leave build up quantities of PM in your account (no fees for temporary storage of the PMs) to either trade it there or get a product withdrawal later. Fees are 1% if your buy, 1% if you sell. For product withdrawals you pay a $5.95 + postage (UPS or USPS Registered); BD covers ALL insurance costs with their Lloyds of London account. To buy, if you don't have the money in your account, you can send the money in with a personal check that must reach them in 7 days. To sell, if you don't have the PMs in your account, you have 7 days to send in the PMs to get them credited into your account. Insurance will be provided by BD, if you use their shipping packaging service.

Thanks for the mini-primer! I saved it for reference. Helps not having to wade around in all the rules trying to understand how it works.

Is the actual bullion being sold making its way from seller to the buyer, or is it similar bullion of like type?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Neckro » Sun May 08, 2011 7:04 pm

For BD you send it to BD in Tex, they verify it's contents, then add it to your portfolio. Once sold or withdrawn it will reflect on your account. But it all goes through BD for verification.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby justj2k78 » Sun May 08, 2011 11:48 pm

And Asia takes off...
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby aristobolus » Mon May 09, 2011 4:29 am

But will the margin increase smack things down for a day? We'll see! :idea:
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member