My First Auction Saturday

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

My First Auction Saturday

Postby scrapper2010 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:27 am

Went to my first auction on Saturday and scored a 2000 silver mint set for $22.50. Had some junk silver coins there but everyone was bidding up to spot for them. It was a lot of fun even though the auction started at 10:00am and they didn't get to the silver until 2:00, my nine year old son was with me and was bored after an hour, but he hung tough for the duration. In the meantime four young Amish men rolled up and started cleaning house. They bought over 15 pocket knives, a post hole digger, large metal filing cabinet, computer chair, among other things. The old man who owns the house is going to assisted living, seemed like a really cool guy with cool stuff, coins, tons of knives of all kinds, really nice guns, swords, and a few cannon balls. All in all, great day, can't wait to go to the next one!!
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: My First Auction Saturday

Postby shinnosuke » Mon May 09, 2011 11:14 am

I lived in Marysville, OH, for a couple of years. Your post made me feel a bit nostalgic for the scenes of the Amish riding their carriages and plowing their fields with real horse power. I used to buy angel food cakes from an Amish family north of Marysville.

Anyway, your post made me want to start checking out some auctions in my area. Thanks!
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Re: My First Auction Saturday

Postby scrapper2010 » Mon May 09, 2011 1:59 pm

Yep this auction was in Centerburg, about a half hour away from Marysville. Small world.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals