$50 per oz silver mental trigger

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

$50 per oz silver mental trigger

Postby GA-Silver » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Do you guys think that the $50 per oz silver level will trigger a drive-up/drive-down on the price of Ag? What I am trying to say is will reaching the all time high of Hunt Bros. silver price of $50 an oz mentally trigger the public to do another repeat of 1980?
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Re: $50 per oz silver mental trigger

Postby 999Ni » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:04 pm

50 bux in 1980 is not 50 bux today....but you're right, I think at that level there will be a massive sell-off which will drive down the price a little, but it will only be temporary. Economic & World climate is much different now.
Ron Paul 2012!

999Ni
Penny Pincher Member

Postby GA-Silver » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:09 pm

That is what I told my silverbug friend.....be ready to buy when the $50 mark hits and the lemmings sell off their Ag and run the price down (for a short time).
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby anarchir » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:00 pm

It will probably drop a bit, but personally I dont think it will drop more than a few bucks. Maybe to 45. Of course that means that now is the time to buy. For silver, buy now, and buy as much as you can.
anarchir
Penny Sorter Member

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:31 pm

People will spend over 50 bucks an ounce right now on e-bay for a lot of 1 oz. rounds. I agree that there will be a minor selloff when the news cycle runs with it and people melt their old treasure. I used to tell myself that I would sell most when it got this expensive but I think this bull still has momentum at least for another year and a half. I would not be surprised if it hit 100 by the end of 2012.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:35 pm

blackrabbit wrote:People will spend over 50 bucks an ounce right now on e-bay for a lot of 1 oz. rounds. I agree that there will be a minor selloff when the news cycle runs with it and people melt their old treasure. I used to tell myself that I would sell most when it got this expensive but I think this bull still has momentum at least for another year and a half. I would not be surprised if it hit 100 by the end of 2012.

You don't have an ass on your hare :lol: if you don't bump that to "by the end of 2011"... but I like your thinking. :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Steel Talon » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:27 am

GA-Silver wrote:That is what I told my silverbug friend.....be ready to buy when the $50 mark hits and the lemmings sell off their Ag and run the price down (for a short time).

How low do you think it will go?
Steel Talon

Postby GA-Silver » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:29 am

I'm $35-40 an oz..........
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:31 am

Steel Talon wrote:
GA-Silver wrote:That is what I told my silverbug friend.....be ready to buy when the $50 mark hits and the lemmings sell off their Ag and run the price down (for a short time).

How low do you think it will go?

Massive price changes are possible. -20%. Maybe even -40%. But I believe any large changes will be very short-lived. Some might be so brief that it will be impossible for the bulk of us in physical silver to actually take practical advantage of them. I'll take advantage if I can, but I won't be upset if I can't.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Lemon Thrower » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:45 am

technical analysis would say to expect resistance at the hunt bros high.

Fib would say expect a retracement.

the news would say people are buying the dips.

am keeping an open mind.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:19 am

Heard the same with gold at $1000, the Dow at 10,000, copper at $1.55. The dips are short lived self fulfilling prophecies of bears and short sellers. A broken clock is right twice a day...just not for very long.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby Diggin4copper » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:48 am

The correction has to happen in our economy... Our elected officials have to take drastic unpopular steps to save both our currency and our country. There are groups waiting to take control of our futures by "Saving" us when things get worse. Dont mean to get off topic, but stacking should include foodstuffs and neccesities that will become scarce. Metals hoarders will become very unpopular and will be targeted, so keep a low profile...but keep stacking..
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:32 am

Diggin4copper wrote:The correction has to happen in our economy... Our elected officials have to take drastic unpopular steps to save both our currency and our country. There are groups waiting to take control of our futures by "Saving" us when things get worse. Dont mean to get off topic, but stacking should include foodstuffs and neccesities that will become scarce. Metals hoarders will become very unpopular and will be targeted, so keep a low profile...but keep stacking..

Getting TWO bunks of toilet paper on the next Costco run .........
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby franklin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:47 am

"People will spend over 50 bucks an ounce right now on e-bay for a lot of 1 oz. rounds."

My buddy who had a table at a Texas Metroplex gun show a week or 2 ago said he saw run-of-the-mill Peace and Morgans going for $48 each.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:03 am

Every time there is a seller, there is a buyer. I know that is only stating the obvious. However, it just hit me that for $50 to be a mental trigger for someone to sell and for that sale to be completed there must be a buyer. So the mental trigger concept works both ways. The buyer at $50 may be doing it regretfully (thinking he should have purchased at $35 or $45), but he is still buying.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby GA-Silver » Fri May 06, 2011 6:02 pm

I'm $35-40 an oz..........

At least I called this one right!
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri May 06, 2011 6:07 pm

The line has been drawn in the sand by da boyz. It may now take as many as three tries to break $50, over a few month period, as $1000 gold did over longer duration. The next time silver hits $48 or $49 will be a good time to take some profits and attempt to buy back in lower, for those who missed the current opportunity. I can see this scenario playing out a few times during the summer months.
beauanderos

Postby hejira11 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:31 pm

IMHO it's all a Psychological operation by Da Boyz. 50 is just a number. I am hearing 140.00 is the inflation adjusted price. Plus anyone that bought at 50 in the 80's is NOT waiting to cash in. BUT as long as it can be exploited as a sticking point, they will use it to full effect.

I believe it is just a number.
Last edited by hejira11 on Sat May 07, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat May 07, 2011 9:50 am

hejira11 wrote:IMHO it's all a Psychological operation by Da Boyz. 50 is just a number. I am hearing 140.00 is the inflation adjusted price. Plus anyone that bought at 50 in the 80's is NOT waiting to cash in. BUT as long as it can be exploited as a sticking point, they will use to to full effect.

I believe it is just a number.

You are correct. It IS just a number, but it is one that is useful to Da Boyz because it has widespread public awareness. If ever the media shifts to representing the fact that the inflation-adjusted number is much higher, and they state that repeatedly without disingenuously proclaiming "an all time high" for both gold and silver, then you can be assured sentiment has shifted, and we will be back on board the precious metals train which will then have departed the station, destination safe haven as protection (and for profit) against hyperinflation.
beauanderos

Postby Lemon Thrower » Tue May 10, 2011 6:04 am

Lemon Thrower wrote:technical analysis would say to expect resistance at the hunt bros high.

Fib would say expect a retracement.

the news would say people are buying the dips.

am keeping an open mind.

this was a solid prediction that i will take credit for now.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals