Midas Resources Scam

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Midas Resources Scam

Postby StoreOfValue » Wed May 11, 2011 1:39 am

I just got a call from Midas today asking first if I liked the book (I think it was Creature from Jekyll Island but not sure) and second if I wanted any PM's. I asked what kind of a % they charge over spot and the guy hemmed and hawed telling me each broker at Midas sells for a different %. Warning bells!

He started explaining junk silver to me, telling me current spot price was about $42 and that $1 face was EXACTLY 1 ounce of silver. When I corrected him saying $1 face was about .77 ounces in silver dollars and even less in junk making it currently 27X face value (looking at coinflation while he was trying to con me) this guy thanked me for giving him some information because he was so new at this, and hung up the phone.

Any similar tales? This can't be an isolated incident. We should alert our members about solid and shady outfits. I got the idea to post today from the series of investigative reports in Minnesota being featured at Coinflation.com.

Happy hoarding!
“Gold is the currency of kings, silver is the currency of the educated, barter is the currency of the working-class, and debt is the currency of slaves.”
StoreOfValue

Re: Midas Resources Scam

Postby Mossy » Wed May 11, 2011 9:23 am

It looks worse for Midas. May 10, Kitco shows about $38 for spot, not $42. I took a look at their web site, and the current price on halves is roughly 50% over melt.

Either someone updated the web site between then and now, or the guy you were talking to had not even read it. Or he knew he was lying.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Midas Resources Scam

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed May 11, 2011 9:33 am

Have some fun with it: ask them what their buy price is for 90%
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals