Provident offering 'survial packages'

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Provident offering 'survial packages'

Postby jerry278 » Tue May 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Hey guys, hope everybody is doing well. I was looking through provident metals and was amazed as to what I found on the homepage, they were advertising. Apparently its new. But they are now offer, 'survival kits' mainly of food and such

http://www.providentmetals.com/supplies ... plies.html

They called them 'Emergency Supply' Kits. I was pretty suprised to be honest. A lot of bullion dealers advertise how they think precious metals are an excellent hedge against inflation and poor economic conditions. But this is the first time I ever saw legitimate bullion dealer, selling 'Emergency Supply' Kits. I was suprised. Provident either thinks SHTF scenario is gonna play out, OR are hoping to capitalize on that notion. Much like the y2k hysteria. . Obviously 'Emergency Survial' Kits are nothing new, but when A legitimate bullion dealer offers them it makes you scratch your head. Who knows. Food for thought
jerry278
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Provident offering 'survial packages'

Postby beauanderos » Tue May 10, 2011 7:11 pm

they've been selling bouillon in grocery stores for years :lol: Seriously, that's a great way to widen their customer base
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby jerry278 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:51 pm

beauanderos wrote:they've been selling bouillon in grocery stores for years :lol: Seriously, that's a great way to widen their customer base

:lol: Haha that is true. Bouillon sure is a great investment by the way. Never know when your gonna need to make some soup!
jerry278
Penny Pincher Member

Postby stevkc » Tue May 10, 2011 8:57 pm

jerry278 wrote: Provident either thinks SHTF scenario is gonna play out, OR are hoping to capitalize on that notion.
Obviously 'Emergency Survial' Kits are nothing new, but when A legitimate bullion dealer offers them it makes you scratch your head. Who knows. Food for thought

I'd vote for "hoping to capitalize on that notion." A lot of bullion buyers are paranoid SHTF-types. Why not sell them some food rations with their silver?

If Provident really thought SHTF was imminent, why would they want all the FRNs in exchange for bullion?
stevkc
Penny Sorter Member

Postby timmus0382 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:12 pm

This is going to sound sick but I'm actually hoping the SHTF.... I got a ton of preps I need to use and I sure could use a nice long camping vacation full of hunting and fishing. Plus I'd like to see the world go to a pm backed monetary system, so if anyone makes it out alive I guess I'd be sitting pretty high on the hog. Or I guess I could just donate my preps to needy families. But I do like the sound of that vacation.
Name me one investment where you gain at least 50% the second you purchase it and never have a chance to lose the initial investment.
timmus0382
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue May 10, 2011 9:50 pm

I don't think 72 hr emergency kits are a hedge on inflation- more like a hedge on an emergency...a personal SHTF. I feel horrible for the folks that are devastated from the current disasters- Mississippi floods, tornadoes, wildfires. Hopefully these folks have each planned ahead and have, at a (bare) minimum, a 72 hr emergency kit.
May God bless those in need.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Mossy » Wed May 11, 2011 10:37 am

stevkc wrote:If Provident really thought SHTF was imminent, why would they want all the FRNs in exchange for bullion?

I also think they are just getting in on what sells.

There's "imminent" and "imminent". If you mean "they expect it some time in the next few days", management would be buying the food and PM's (the hourly employees would be kept in the dark, if that outfit is typical). If you mean "they expect it some time in the next year or two", they have plenty of time to make money off the inventory flow.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals