2 B of As had problems ordering halves

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

2 B of As had problems ordering halves

Postby Pennysaved » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:23 am

I have 2 B of As where I pick up halves; the tellers are nice to me and always seem happy to place my orders.

I went to both of them this week and both told me they ordered my halves but they did not come in the shipment and the reason given to them was they were out or lack of availability.

I don't think they are giving me B.S.

Do you think the uptick in people sorting halves could start to cause a shortage of coin?
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: 2 B of As had problems ordering halves

Postby OX6603 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:57 am

Could be, I don't know where B of A gets coin, but one bank I tried to order halves from couldn't get them. They said their supplier only orders 2-3 times a year and when they're gone they're gone. Could similar deal with B of A, but I would think they'd have a better supply than the bank that told me that.
OX6603

Re: 2 B of As had problems ordering halves

Postby rainsonme » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:58 am

Well, if the armored service company that BofA deals with in your area is out of halfs, its only temporary, and probably indicates you have a large number of silver hunters in the area serviced by that armored service company. That armored service company will either buy a pallet from a competing armored service company (they do that) or they will order some from the fed depot that services the armored service companies in your area. There is certainly no lack of half dollars ----
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals