LOL, business model for silver, would it work?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

LOL, business model for silver, would it work?

Postby JerrySpringer » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Dozed off the other day at home around dusk and woke up to hear the ice cream truck driving around the neighborhood playing it's clown music. Could you see driving a truck around taking orders for silver eagles and other bullion? Imagine adults running out of their houses to catch up with you to place their orders...OK, I know it would be a bad idea to ride around the rough neighborhoods but it would be a marketing hoot to drive the 'Silver Mobile'. You would not have the silver in the truck. Just take orders and deliver later on in another, more clandestine vehicle. Shoot, I'd get my butt out the door to place an order for spot + $2.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: LOL, business model for silver, would it work?

Postby moparal7 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Sounds like a Weiner to me.
moparal7
Penny Collector Member

Re: LOL, business model for silver, would it work?

Postby BamaJoe » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:39 pm

A little change of topic - please pardon me, but the mention of the ice cream truck brought back a funny memory. Back in the early 80's while in college I lived in a rough section of town. Each year of college I would buy a dump of a house and live in and remodel for a year, sell and repeat the next year. To give you an idea of what kind of houses these were the most expensive one I bought was $7,500 and the cheapest was $4,000. I actually did all right - averaged about $5,000 spent for materials when sold the worst I did was $25,000 and the best was $32,000.

Anyway, at one of them I kept noticing that the ice cream truck was come by every night anywhere from 11pm to 1am with its music going - even in winter when the temperature was at freezing or less and better yet, I would see people come running out of their houses and flag him down to buy. Turns out some bright Entrepreneur was selling a wide assortment of drugs from the truck. Yes, he eventually got busted.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals