Current price for Morgans or Peace

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Current price for Morgans or Peace

Postby lewbo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:27 pm

Got a response from a craigslist post, seller has circ morgans and peace what is the going price for them? These would be just your run of the mill coins nothing special.
Selling US pennies 1.9 face shipped. Never mind I am keeping everything!
lewbo
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Current price for Morgans or Peace

Postby tn-dave » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:39 am

In the past week from a couple of dealers in my area, I've seen them priced $30-$32 each (not by the roll)
tn-dave
Penny Collector Member

Postby theo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:41 am

The best I could find this weekend was $29 each.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby marblerye » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:20 am

I was able to buy a few from my local coin shop in Michigan for $28 last week.
marblerye

Postby Know Common Cents » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:54 pm

$32 for no-problem Morgans (VG or better--your pick) here in the Midwest. Peace dollars are $31 with the same qualifications. I like the ability to pick the ones I want and not just have to take whatever is available by the seller.

Note: Those prices are cash only and no credit cards or checks. I also nosed around to see what sort of swap could be done in trade for my (worse than) junk silver. Not an even swap obviously since the silver dollars have .77344 oz and US 90% has .72338 oz, but I was willing to make adjustments. No takers.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals