thought about selling some silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

thought about selling some silver

Postby snappy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:07 pm

looked online for local coin dealers.. NONE I knew that but found aone in billings (nearest large town) about 350 miles away.

you will not believe the price he quoted me.

I told him I had about 1500fv he said he would buy at 11.2x face and if I had 2000fv or 1500+fv in dollers he would go up to 11.4-11.6 (condition dependant) The spot price was $23+ I understand he has to make a profit but that is a bit much. I guess I will not sell to him.
snappy
Penny Collector Member

Re: thought about selling some silver

Postby Neckro » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:16 pm

That is why I absolutely hate coin dealers. freakin' crooks on how low they shoot. Check Apmex, or BullionDirect.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:17 pm

I bet if you sold here, you could get close to fair market value
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Country » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Set up an account at Bullion Direct and you can sell it all for 16.2X face (less 1% commission and some shipping cost) right this minute. Don't fool around with dishonest dealers who would just send your coins to a marketmaker and get 16X themselves.

http://www.bulliondirect.com/nucleo/lp/US90_Silver_Coins_$100_Face_(pre1965)_(71.50_oz).html
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:47 am

BullionDirect may be okay, I don't know... I haven't dealt with them before except as a buyer years ago. APMEX is buying at 16.4x this morning.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby BOHICA » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:38 am

I've had nothing but good interactions with Bullion Direct, both through them and Nucleo.
BOHICA
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Neckro » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:54 am

I've bought and sold on Bullion Direct. Great place. You can even buy a shipping pack from them, that they send to you, that's prepaid by you, and all you do is fill it up, drop it at ups or fedex and you're done to sell on the site.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby SteelCityCopper » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:25 pm

Why are you thinking of selling? Excess you want to skim from the surface? Correction you think is in the making?
Jason
- JPM doesn't determine our prices, the market does -
Steel City Copper
http://www.steelcitycopper.com
SteelCityCopper
Penny Pincher Member

Postby snappy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm

I think the price will tank soon so was looking for an exit. I was expecting closer to market value from the coin dealer I know it would be a long drive but I prefer face to face dealing. however (current 24.43/oz 17.67x face) with his offer of 11.2x face was way to low. with 1500fv he would make a profit of 9700 I don't mind him making a profit but that is just to much.
snappy
Penny Collector Member

Postby slickeast » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:47 pm

Try selling it on here. Someone might be looking for some
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby beauanderos » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:39 pm

snappy wrote:I think the price will tank soon so was looking for an exit. I was expecting closer to market value from the coin dealer I know it would be a long drive but I prefer face to face dealing. however (current 24.43/oz 17.67x face) with his offer of 11.2x face was way to low. with 1500fv he would make a profit of 9700 I don't mind him making a profit but that is just to much.

Sell it to APMEX, when I looked earlier their bid was 17.1x face, and silver was lower then. They usually have a bid from .5 to .55x below melt, not bad. I plan on selling some to them... just not yet 8-)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals