1999-2000 Maple Leaf

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

1999-2000 Maple Leaf

Postby bankmining » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Recently bought a small lot of Silver Maples and one is a double dated, 1999-2000 Comm. I looked up the SML mintages and noticed this was the third lowest (300K). Do these typically carry a slightly higher premium on re-sale or should I just leave in the tube with the rest?
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: 1999-2000 Maple Leaf

Postby jerry278 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:57 pm

Id say anything with that sort of mintage PROBABLY has a slightly higher premium attached. However, not everyone is aware of mintage figures so come the time to sell, you'd want to make sure your buyer knows that the mintage numbers on that particular coin. Some care about mintage numbers, some do not. I think it falls into the 'semi numismatic' section.
jerry278
Penny Pincher Member

Re: 1999-2000 Maple Leaf

Postby Robarons » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:24 am

Bullion Strikes rarely carry any premium for the most part. For US eagles for example 1996 is the only year worth anything- and its premiums are small for the most part.
The fact in Canadian makes it weaker to collecters as well.

But one thing I will say is that you try to sell it or get more silver for it now when its $37 because people wont care if the queen's winking at your error when silver is $50 or more later.
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals