This Week's Pick Up

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

This Week's Pick Up

Postby galenrog » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:51 pm

I picked up my first order from Key Bank today. The order was 2 boxes halves, 3 dimes, 1 nickel, 6 cents. The take so far:

Halves - both skunks
Dimes - 3 skunks. Most coins were 2010 and 2011
Nickels - keeping '59 and earlier, 17 from the 50s', 7 from the 40s' including 2 war nickels, 1 buffalo, 2 newer Canadian.
Cents - not yet searched, waiting on the ryedale that I will order later this week.

I did score the following just by asking for halves and dollars: 1 $20 roll of '64 Kennedys'. one end was open so I put on the gloves and checked them out. All appear to be uncirculated. The exposed faces at either end look pretty worn, but the unexposed faces are outstanding.

My credit union that had promised me the bags from the lobby coin counter changed their mind. Such is life.

Nothing else to report...yet.
Last edited by galenrog on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Re: This Week's Pick Up

Postby NHsorter » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:18 am

Too bad those boxes you searched did not turn up anything good, but I would still consider it a great week with those 64's!! Are they customer wrapped, or bank rolled? What do you mean, a $20 roll? I thought halves were $10 rolls?
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Coppercrazy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:47 am

20 face in 64 kens makes up for those skunks and then some!
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby galenrog » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:46 pm

The $20 roll was from a no longer existing coin and cash management company, similar to those that service banks today. One end had obviously been opened (folded instead of crimped). I am going through the nickels now and have 5 more 50s' and one buffalo. Back to the grind.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals