Should I buy??????

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Should I buy??????

Postby mark8925 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:04 pm

Found an ad on craigslist for 90% dimes and quarters, about $20 face. The ad was about 2 weeks old and said he would sell at 15.5 x. I emailed and still is available. He said he has an offer at 17x but payment won't be until next week. He offered to me at 16.5x if I paid this week. Do you think I should jump on it at 16.5x?

Thanks,

Mark
mark8925
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Should I buy??????

Postby aloneibreak » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:15 pm

heck yea !
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby MO-SILVER! » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Tell him 16 and he's gonna get cash this week. (if you got it). I hate when they do that on cl.
Formerly spartan_b88 on old forum.

"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" Matthew 16:26
MO-SILVER!
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Beau » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:53 pm

this sounds like a scam to me if you have them mailed to you.

if you can pick them up locally it would be ok then.

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JobIII » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:53 am

I feel you are getting taken for a ride but the price is still within a good range. CL is notorious for sellers to use whatever tactics they can to get their items sold.

"i have a buyer that will pay more but can't until next week, buy from me before him at this price and it's yours." etc.

Last Friday a guy was selling $243 silver face at 16x. I wasn't able to reach him until this past monday. Arranged to meet him this Saturday and buy everything he had. Come Wednesday i get an email saying because i took so long to buy he is raising the price to 17.5 x face... Needless to say i didn't bite and now he says its sold.

Again 16.5 is still below spot, but it is something to be aware of. That seller may very well have a buyer, or it could just be a ploy to get you to pay more than 15.5x face or whatever the original asking price was.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby mark8925 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:16 pm

I made the deal today. 16x face. I am happy as long as silver still heads north. Most I have ever paid.

Thanks for you input.

Mark
mark8925
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals