APMEX question

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

APMEX question

Postby snappy » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:02 pm

Has anyone ever sold to APMEX?

if so did you sell large $ $$,$$$ or small $ $$?

How was the service (slow, quick) get what you were told you, less?

What was your overall oppion on the deal?

I am thinking about selling ~$20,000 silver. not sure if I should just sell 1000fv (set buy price) or sell more,
snappy
Penny Collector Member

Re: APMEX question

Postby Neckro » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:24 pm

hope you kept receipts for that silver when you bought it, or explaining to the IRS might hurt.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Re: APMEX question

Postby HelloMeteor » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:16 pm

I sold 10 1oz gold eagles to them a while ago when gold was about $900. I just checked the receipts and it was exactly two weeks from when I dropped the shipment off a the post office to when I deposited the check from APMEX.

Be sure to use insured mail. It's kind of scary to say goodbye to so much money with nothing to show for it for a while, and if you don't insure it, you could lose it all.Insurance wasn't that expensive. My insured value was $9,100 and it cost $24.10. Actual shipping cost $7.20, for a total of $31.30 transportation costs.

But, yes keep these receipts. You can subtract shipping costs, both to ship out, and when you orginially bought it from your profit for IRS purposes.
HelloMeteor
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals