Going to be hell on the stock market tommorrow

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Going to be hell on the stock market tommorrow

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:40 pm

neilgin1 wrote:...i was there on the CME floor in 87, and on that Friday, before Black Monday, the 22% crash, we ALL walked off that floor on Friday and knew what was going to go down on Monday...you just FELT it, and thats the feeling i'm getting now...and i'm as far as from the scene as you can get, and I FEEL IT....hope i'm wrong, i really do

I hope you're wrong also, but...

I don't have much skill or talent at trading, but where I do seem to have some something, is in calling down markets. I believe I sometimes sense some "thing", which makes my hair stand on end, and gives me the heebie-jeebies, and makes me clear out of the market. I cashed out in 87, the week before that crash. I cashed out in 99 (two years too early, but for the right reason). And I cashed out in 2007, two weeks before that crash started. I cashed out of this current market this past April (started the process in November, but parts of it took until April). And I'm getting that sick-in-the-gut feeling again. Is that how you feel Neil?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NHsorter » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:52 pm

And I'm getting that sick-in-the-gut feeling again.

I am getting the same feeling. But don't bail out of the market, just short it!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:54 pm

neilgin1 wrote:...we need an FDR....not a PRECISE FDR, but what i mean is, this nation needs the "Good Father" type leader, and not a 'small man', but a special man...

I know what you mean. God raises up those leaders at the right time for the right purpose, when the people follow and call on Him. At the risk of offending someone who believes differently, I believe God did that for the country with Reagan. But that didn't last, and I fear we are being left to stew in our own juices this time, as we as a people have deserted God, mostly. And there is always a price to be paid for that; not that God always explicitly punishes, but God does certainly withhold the blessings he would otherwise bestow. Though I pray we would be spared that. I don't like to think about it. If the country would turn back to God, such a leader would be provided. At least that's what I believe.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:55 pm

68Camaro wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:...i was there on the CME floor in 87, and on that Friday, before Black Monday, the 22% crash, we ALL walked off that floor on Friday and knew what was going to go down on Monday...you just FELT it, and thats the feeling i'm getting now...and i'm as far as from the scene as you can get, and I FEEL IT....hope i'm wrong, i really do

I hope you're wrong also, but...

I don't have much skill or talent at trading, but where I do seem to have some something, is in calling down markets. I believe I sometimes sense some "thing", which makes my hair stand on end, and gives me the heebie-jeebies, and makes me clear out of the market. I cashed out in 87, the week before that crash. I cashed out in 99 (two years too early, but for the right reason). And I cashed out in 2007, two weeks before that crash started. I cashed out of this current market this past April (started the process in November, but parts of it took until April). And I'm getting that sick-in-the-gut feeling again. Is that how you feel Neil?

yeh it is. but this time, i'm more insulated, built up sandbags, so to speak. on a personal level, whats killing me is that my son and his mother are not here, they're out there, traveling, camping and going back to Los Angeles, of all the worst places to be. i want them back here, safe. thats all i really care about....so i just pray.

oh btw, you got a pretty sharp radar, my brother....87, 99, 07...nice moves...you're a coyote at heart. i love coyotes,
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby schockergd » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:56 pm

One interesting thing I've been seeing over the past 3 years is the development of a sort of 'underground movement' in my small town in Ohio. MANY people I know personally are getting out of the market, buying food, metals , land and the like. Many guys who have been anti-gun their entire lives are now not only buying guns but also getting permits to carry. All the traders I deal with are pulling out of the market (which makes me wonder if I should pull out too, although most of my money is either in foreign stocks or high dividend US stocks, as well as commodities).

Thankfully, even though I don't feel i'm prepared enough, I am prepared more than almost anyone else I know, except I don't have buckets of rice & beans stacked to the ceiling.

I met one guy who cashed out all his real estate investments in late 06, according to him 35 rental properties in central Ohio. He put 100% of that money into gold, silver and land............I'm curious how many are out there that have done similar things.
schockergd
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:43 pm

schockergd wrote:Thankfully, even though I don't feel i'm prepared enough, I am prepared more than almost anyone else I know, except I don't have buckets of rice & beans stacked to the ceiling.

OK - this is freaky. Did you go read the prep thread and find out that I have buckets of rice and beans stacked to the ceiling, or are there others like me. :shock: I don't know whether to be happy, spooked, or embarrassed! :)
68Camaro

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals