Did anyone watch Cowboys vs Aliens?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Did anyone watch Cowboys vs Aliens?

Postby Kurr » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:44 am

Anyone see the new True Grit remake?

I HATE remakes, but I really liked jeff bridges as Roster cogburn. Awsome movie.
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Corsair » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:33 pm

Kurr wrote:Anyone see the new True Grit remake?

I HATE remakes, but I really liked jeff bridges as Roster cogburn. Awsome movie.

True Grit was a good remake, and The Departed was fantastic. When done correctly, remakes can really do wonders for movies.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:41 pm

Corsair wrote:
Oakair wrote:Ive been saving for Rise of the Planet of the Apes...

Ill catch this one when its out of the theaters I think, Hope I made the right choice...

Oh, please. Don't get me wrong, I love James Franco, but that looks absolutely horrible. Keep an eye on the movie review site Rotten Tomatoes - I bet Planet of the Apes won't go a hair above 50%.

I'm going to man up and eat crow here. Right now, Planet of the Apes sits at a whopping 85% on the Tomatometer. That's high enough to probably head out to see it tomorrow. Oakair, my man, mea culpa.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:00 pm

Corsair wrote:I'm going to man up and eat crow here. Right now, Planet of the Apes sits at a whopping 85% on the Tomatometer. That's high enough to probably head out to see it tomorrow. Oakair, my man, mea culpa.

;)

Ill be checking it out tomorrow as well...been a while since I went to the theater, its getting pretty expensive :(
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Pennysaved » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:24 pm

I try to go Sunday AM when you can get $5 tickets :-)
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:52 pm

Just got back from Planet...

Good stuff!

::SLIGHT SPOILER::

Only flaw I found was in the transition from alv-112 to alv-113 (antibodies attacking 112 in humans rendering it useless, while the movie stated that apes have stronger immune systems [and yet 112 still worked on them...])
Last edited by Oakair on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Corsair » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Oakair wrote:Just got back from Planet...

Good stuff!

Only flaw I found was in the transition from alv-112 to alv-113 (antibodies attacking 112 in humans rendering it useless, while the movie stated that apes have stronger immune systems [and yet 112 still worked on them...])

---SPOILER ALERT----

You're right about that. Also, why did James Franco's character waste no time to test the 112 on his father? The first human trial he decides to perform is on his, presumably, only connect to a loving society? That got me. And also, this high tech drug company has an accident during a procedure, an employee develops an illness after exposure to the drug in that accident, and nothing is done? No one connects the dots? Seemed like a stretch to me. All in all, I thought it was a good movie. Andy Serkis did an excellent job as Caesar - probably the best acting in the whole film.

---END SPOILERS---

And boy, Tom Felton is going to be hurting now that Harry Potter is done. Poor kid can't do an American accent to save his life.
Last edited by Corsair on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:59 pm

Corsair wrote:
Oakair wrote:Just got back from Planet...

Good stuff!

You're right about that. Also, why did James Franco's character waste no time to test the 112 on his father? The first human trial he decides to perform is on his, presumably, only connect to a loving society? That got me. And also, this high tech drug company has an accident during a procedure, an employee develops an illness after exposure to the drug in that accident, and nothing is done? No one connects the dots? Seemed like a stretch to me. All in all, I thought it was a good movie. Andy Serkis did an excellent job as Caesar - probably the best acting in the whole film.

And boy, Tom Felton is going to be hurting now that Harry Potter is done. Poor kid can't do an American accent to save his life.

I'm NOT reading this (white noise drowning out all your yammering)... I plan to watch this movie, don't ruin it for the people who haven't seen it yet with your critiques. Go post on Rotten Tomatoes if you have to spew your guts :evil:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Corsair » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:01 pm

Sorry about that, Ray. Forgot the spoiler alerts.
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:27 pm

Corsair wrote:

You can say that again :lol:

He should have just kept it British, which it could be argued he did haha
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals