Looks Like a Bad Sell-off in Silver Today

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Looks Like a Bad Sell-off in Silver Today

Postby beauanderos » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:31 am

It's not starting out good, gold may hold some of it's gains... but (pre-market) silver looks like it will be caught in a widespread equities downdraft, if one occurs. Oh well, we're still better off than most... and when we emerge from this present distress, we'll be smiling wide with shit-eating grins :D
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Looks Like a Bad Sell-off in Silver Today

Postby TXBullion » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:36 am

beauanderos wrote:It's not starting out good, gold may hold some of it's gains... but (pre-market) silver looks like it will be caught in a widespread equities downdraft, if one occurs. Oh well, we're still better off than most... and when we emerge from this present distress, we'll be smiling wide with shit-eating grins :D

Very descriptive
TXBullion

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:46 am

So which way are equities heading........setting on the sidelines is no fun.

I think we are in for another down day. What can the federal reserve meeting change.....investor sentiment?
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:49 am

TXBullion wrote:
beauanderos wrote:It's not starting out good, gold may hold some of it's gains... but (pre-market) silver looks like it will be caught in a widespread equities downdraft, if one occurs. Oh well, we're still better off than most... and when we emerge from this present distress, we'll be smiling wide with shit-eating grins :D

Very descriptive

Stated by HE who has more reason than just about anyone here to be wearing said grin for the last few days Image :lol:
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:51 am

Rodebaugh wrote:So which way are equities heading........setting on the sidelines is no fun.

I think we are in for another down day. What can the federal reserve meeting change.....investor sentiment?

Dude... sitting on the sidelines is SAFE! This is no time to be daring and attempt to catch falling knives. Wait until the dust clears. Or, maybe... you DON'T prefer to sleep well at night? Keep some cash in reserve right now, there will be bargains galore when this is done.
beauanderos

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:53 am

Yep Jack, time to buy a pad with a large patch of grass and get to filling it with kids.

Ray, brother, this ain't "all in" talk.....this is.....lets have some fun talk. Don't make me short your miners! :lol:
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:01 am

Silver is where it was Friday after that take-down, and up versus just 3 weeks ago, so I'm not complaining. It's going to take a back seat to Au during this crisis. Time for silver is later.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby barrytrot » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:15 am

beauanderos wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:So which way are equities heading........setting on the sidelines is no fun.

Dude... sitting on the sidelines is SAFE! This is no time to be daring and attempt to catch falling knives. Wait until the dust clears. Or, maybe... you DON'T prefer to sleep well at night? Keep some cash in reserve right now, there will be bargains galore when this is done.

If sidelines means "holding cash" I'm not sure that's smart either :)

Money invested means that the company it is in controls the destiny vs. the (formerly) almighty dollar.

I'm putting more in this week :)
barrytrot

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:25 am

Equities are Getting even stronger towards the open.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:42 am

couldn't help myself............... 100 SDS at 27.06 @ open.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby theo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:54 am

Rodebaugh wrote:couldn't help myself............... 100 SDS at 27.06 @ open.

I noticed that Greece and S Korea have prohibited shorting. Last week I would have said it that would never happen here, this week I'm not so sure.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Country » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:24 am

beauanderos wrote:

Ray - I thought you HATED fiat? It is nice to have CASH to pick up bargains.... 8-)
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:21 am

TXBullion wrote:

Very descriptive

Yep, but true
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:32 am

I never expected silver to act like an industrial metal. It, and copper and the other base metals are dropping, overall. Great time to buy for a long term hold.

This should reduce the copper thefts, anyhow.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:02 am

Mossy wrote:I never expected silver to act like an industrial metal.

I don't see that it is. It doesn't fall into the safe haven category like gold, but it's not fully an industrial metal either. It is at essentially the same price it was 3 weeks ago, and again last week after it was shorted. It is fluctuating for several reasons, but (again) - most of this controlled pricing appears to be due to market manipulation by the naked shorts.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Mossy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:14 pm

68Camaro wrote:
Mossy wrote:I never expected silver to act like an industrial metal.

I don't see that it is. It doesn't fall into the safe haven category like gold, but it's not fully an industrial metal either. It is at essentially the same price it was 3 weeks ago, and again last week after it was shorted. It is fluctuating for several reasons, but (again) - most of this controlled pricing appears to be due to market manipulation by the naked shorts.

Sort of half way between, then.

(Pardon me if I cringe at "manipulate" and "naked shorts".)
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Mossy wrote:(Pardon me if I cringe at "manipulate" and "naked shorts".)

:) Get your mind out of the gutter... ;)
68Camaro

Postby Mossy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:23 pm

68Camaro wrote:
Mossy wrote:(Pardon me if I cringe at "manipulate" and "naked shorts".)

:) Get your mind out of the gutter... ;)

Best place for it.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals