Upside on gold

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Upside on gold

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:24 am

I can only multi-task so many things, and there is too much going on right now to stay on top of everything. But one thing the recent surge in gold has motivated me to do is to try to spend a few more moments again back on the bay this weekend to see what's the latest in gold stuff. I've moved in and out of this a couple times the past couple of months. Time to see if I can snatch up some more bargins.

It's one thing to have a mental belief that gold can hit 1600, 1700, 1800, and higher. It's another thing to actually see it. The gold I was buying at 1500 now seems "cheap" by comparison. Those $375 - $400 1/4 oz commemoratives... I should've bought 20 more of them than I did. I wonder what's still out there. Maybe the falling price will stimulate someone to sell again...?

Time to go look.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Upside on gold

Postby beauanderos » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:35 am

Good luck!
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Market Harmony » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:37 am

beauanderos wrote:Good luck!

I can't tell if that is sarcasm, or not ;)
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:49 am

Hard to say with that one ;)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Market Harmony wrote:
beauanderos wrote:Good luck!

I can't tell if that is sarcasm, or not ;)

after looking at the Bay myself.....I'd say it was a little bit of both.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Man... you guys are pummeling me. :lol: I was just sayin... I hope you find something at a fair price that makes it worth your effort. ;)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby TXBullion » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:11 pm

beauanderos wrote:Man... you guys are pummeling me. :lol: I was just sayin... I hope you find something at a fair price that makes it worth your effort. ;)

That's sarcasm :lol:
TXBullion

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:20 pm

Yep, sarcasm... ;) I did look and find one item worth bidding on. We'll see. Put in a min bid so they couldn't withdraw it, and then sniped it.
68Camaro

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals