Too good to be true?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Too good to be true?

Postby MO-SILVER! » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:27 pm

This is a link to a local Dealer (with both a brick and mortar location and an online store) near where I live.. found a roll of coins for really cheap and honestly don't know what to do.. It says "back ordered" once you add it to the cart, but you can still go through and purchase them.. I also have a moral issue with a guy that may have accidentally left that up and not updated it.. So should I try this out if I can go and pick them up face to face with the online receipt? I don't have deal with them over email so I can always walk in there if they get funny. I have no experience with these people other than seeing their ads on craigslist and investigating their website.. Feel like this might be TOO good of a deal.

http://shop.stlcoin.com/product.sc?prod ... tegoryId=9
www.stlcoin.com
Formerly spartan_b88 on old forum.

"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" Matthew 16:26
MO-SILVER!
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Too good to be true?

Postby NotABigDeal » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:14 pm

You could try a visit to his shop with a copy of his add and see if he'll honor it in person. Maybe you will be showing him something he forgot to change. Could be good for you.... Depends on him.

-or-

Buy it online and wait and see what comes of it. If he contacts you and says it's a mistake you can go from there. But, just maybe the order will be filled if you order them....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby TXBullion » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:25 pm

I placed an order but before I paid with paypal , i decided to call. He said it was on old one and they are out. I talked with Jim, seemed like a nice guy. He said it would probably freeze it upon payment. I was thinking to just pay and maybe he would honor it. Good luck if you go for it
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Ardent Listener » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:33 pm

Too good to be true. This isn't the same thing as a coin company offering a silver eagle at spot. Take your choice. A. It is an honest misprint that they can't honor. B. They won't ship unless silver tanks and brings the price back in-line to the offer. C. It's a scam and they are about to go bankrupt. Just my opinion, but this one says don't expect something for next to nothing. You are likely to get nothing for for a lot of something.
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Postby MO-SILVER! » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:48 pm

I guess we'll see, I confirmed it and all and did the "print and call" method. So nothing out of my pocket til I get them.
Formerly spartan_b88 on old forum.

"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" Matthew 16:26
MO-SILVER!
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals