Benefited from someone's 4k half order

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Benefited from someone's 4k half order

Postby Pennysaved » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:23 pm

I went to one of my pick up banks for halves and they told me they have 5k on hand of halves.

I asked her how that happened. They said a guy called in last week and requested 4k in halves and did not pick them up.

She said there was no way their vault could hold all of that and that they would have to send them back.

I took 2k of it today and told her I would get the other 2k tomorrow. She said she would hold on to 1k for me next week.

She said she would never order for that guy again. Guess that is a lesson to always pick up your coin orders, huh?
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Benefited from someone's 4k half order

Postby TXBullion » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Pennysaved wrote:I went to one of my pick up banks for halves and they told me they have 5k on hand of halves.

I asked her how that happened. They said a guy called in last week and requested 4k in halves and did not pick them up.

She said there was no way their vault could hold all of that and that they would have to send them back.

I took 2k of it today and told her I would get the other 2k tomorrow. She said she would hold on to 1k for me next week.

She said she would never order for that guy again. Guess that is a lesson to always pick up your coin orders, huh?

Pennysaved, it was me trying to help you out with a constant supply of unsearched halves, i only ask that you give me a little of the silver you find in return :D Thanks :P
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Pennysaved » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Maybe it was you :-) She said the guy ordered them over the phone and never showed up.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby dakota1955 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:12 pm

let us know what you find
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Pennysaved » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:32 am

I have only been through one of the extra boxes so far but it had a 1943 Walker :) and 4 clad proofs
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals