What are the chances of Mary

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

What are the chances of Mary

Postby gotin » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:23 pm

seeing this? And how would she know who wrote it? And is it going to be right Mary?

gotin

Re: What are the chances of Mary

Postby Neckro » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:27 pm

aww someone loves me.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby dakota1955 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:56 pm

somebody love Mary but not enough to keep the half.
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby gotin » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:57 pm

Neckro wrote:aww someone loves me.

As I was going trough a box with a bunch of marked coins, a novel idea came to my mind - to mark more coins the same way, make the guy scratch his head.
On the other hand, seeing marked coins makes me happy - the competition is wasting their time marking coins, instead of going trough them - more power to the markers!
gotin

Postby Corsair » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:44 pm

Are you sure it's not supposed to be a quote from JFK himself? He had a very good ... friend named Mary. Of course, "Marilyn" would be a big too long to put on a coin.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Dumpster Diver » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:31 pm

If he really loved her, he would have put it on a '64. :)
Dumpster Diver
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Ardent Listener » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:48 pm

dakota1955 wrote:somebody love Mary but not enough to keep the half.

Maybe Mary did the dumping. :mrgreen:
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Postby Ardent Listener » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:49 pm

I want to know who painted all those quarters red? :?:
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Postby BOHICA » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Ardent Listener wrote:I want to know who painted all those quarters red? :?:

I worked in a bar years ago and the guys that serviced the Juke Boxes would leave us a roll or two of quarters that they had painted red or blue. The idea was that if there were a bunch of people in the bar and noone was playing music we were supposed to drop a few quarters in and the other patrons would then play it themselves. The quarters were painted so they could pull their own money out when they serviced the machines. Each worker had their own color to tell them apart.
BOHICA
Penny Pincher Member

Postby fasteddy » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:08 pm

Mary is the vault teller that changes the bags out of the machine...like my voluptuous Valerie and cute Claudia at my two dump banks I like the searcher marks ... I always find silver mixed in with them :D
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby gotin » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:31 pm

fasteddy wrote: I like the searcher marks ... I always find silver mixed in with them :D

I have found some marked 40%'s , but the best one was a 1964 with "F@#k you" written on the face with black marker.
I cleaned it with acetone before my son saw it.
gotin

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals