just watching Ebay trade

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: just watching Ebay trade

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:08 am

tractorman wrote:I just looked at the last dime lot to end, someone is getting these 20 silver dimes for 26.5x shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROOOSEVELT-DIMES-20-FACE-VALUE-2-00-/230672029038?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item35b51fd56e&autorefresh=true

Maybe the $160 rolls have some kind of numis value? I ignore those.

I won a similar auction on Sunday for 30 silver dimes for $80 shipped (approx 26.6x face). These aren't screaming deals but they are below spot and aren't too hard to find. But the auctions for rolls that keep going for 30x face and up just don't make sense to me. I quit bidding on those.
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: just watching Ebay trade

Postby balz » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:22 pm

RR GUY wrote:On a side note, just got an email that ebay bucks will no longer be available for all bullion, coin and currency sales on the site as of 10/01/11. Oh well, maybe this is clearly a sign of the amount of traffic and trading that occurs on the site.

Are you sure about coins?

I've read bullion in the coin category, but they did not specify coins specifically...
balz
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals