More eBay improvments

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

More eBay improvments

Postby ed_vantage17 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:37 pm

This was in my inbox this morning:

eBay Bucks Update

Dear commoncentsbullion:

As always, eBay is committed to bringing you amazing deals on gold and silver. However, to do so, we can no longer offer eBay Bucks for purchases from the Bullion category within Coins & Paper Money. This change will take effect October 1, 2011. To learn more about earning and redeeming eBay Bucks, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page. And remember that you can always tell whether an item qualifies for eBay Bucks by looking for the earn amount below the price on the item description page.

To review the updated eBay Bucks Terms & Conditions, please visit http://pages.ebay.com/rewards/terms.html.

We appreciate your eBay Bucks membership and hope you'll continue to enjoy the benefits provided by the eBay Bullion Center, including great savings and fast, free shipping from Featured Sellers—and eBay Buyer Protection for your purchases.

Sincerely,

The eBay Bucks team

I can't figure the logic behind this from a business standpoint.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: More eBay improvments

Postby Corsair » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:39 pm

ed_vantage17 wrote:This was in my inbox this morning:

eBay Bucks Update

Dear commoncentsbullion:

As always, eBay is committed to bringing you amazing deals on gold and silver. However, to do so, we can no longer offer eBay Bucks for purchases from the Bullion category within Coins & Paper Money. This change will take effect October 1, 2011. To learn more about earning and redeeming eBay Bucks, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page. And remember that you can always tell whether an item qualifies for eBay Bucks by looking for the earn amount below the price on the item description page.

To review the updated eBay Bucks Terms & Conditions, please visit http://pages.ebay.com/rewards/terms.html.

We appreciate your eBay Bucks membership and hope you'll continue to enjoy the benefits provided by the eBay Bullion Center, including great savings and fast, free shipping from Featured Sellers—and eBay Buyer Protection for your purchases.

Sincerely,

The eBay Bucks team

I can't figure the logic behind this from a business standpoint.

If I had to guess, it probably had something to do with the rising price of gold. eBay is giving away about $38 bucks for every ounce of gold that's sold on their site. Since they're only bringing in $50 for that listing, that seriously cuts into their profit.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Re: More eBay improvments

Postby Mossy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Maybe political?

(There are at least two other threads where this is discussed.)
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals