Dat Coin Shop

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Dat Coin Shop

Postby Robarons » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:51 pm

If you guys might remember a while back I posted about that failure coin shop. I went there today to see the prices on silver after today's drop.

So I ask the guy how much is 1 oz rounds and 90%?

'I guess I have to sell them at $31 Each and 20x times'. I just saw the poor guy pay 25x each for the exact same stuff a couple days ago. Hes a big fat guy (not to be mean) who is very shy, doesnt like to make eye contact, and is scared of making his customers angry. I took a 1909-VDB penny in there and he pulls out the book to price and grade (most dealers are professional enough to know this stuff already) and he says 'is it okay that I dont buy this right now? I really dont want it' like hes giving me the option. Whatever

I buy what he has- about $1.85 Face in 90% at 20x and 1 oz round for $31. He would have sold gold at spot too but 'gold is too expensive to keep in stock'

Poor fool
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Re: Dat Coin Shop

Postby balz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:54 pm

Well... Maybe if he is there for the long run he can make a lot of customers and find a profit. I'm trying to be positive here because I think this is sad.
balz
Penny Collector Member

Re: Dat Coin Shop

Postby balz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:02 pm

I just called a coin dealer in my city and asked him how much he sells his silver rounds. 45$, he said. :lol:
balz
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals