Gainsville Coin Verification/Cancelation?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Gainsville Coin Verification/Cancelation?

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:55 pm

So I got this email from Gainsville a four hours ago from the order I placed with them on Friday:

Dear Valued Customer

Thank you for your purchase with Gainesville Coins. Due to the high level of worldwide fraudulent activity, Gainesville Coins must conduct customer verification checks on all credit card orders to protect not only our valued customers but ourselves as well. Please contact our office at 813.482.9300 so we can discuss order #1. It is imperative to be in contact with one another within one business day, but if this does not occur please leave a voicemail and we will respond as soon as possible. It is the policy of Gainesville Coins Inc. to verify all credit card orders prior to shipment. Please keep in mind this policy has been instituted to protect you as well as our company and bear with us in our efforts to provide the best service possible. Have a great day and we look forward to speaking with you.

*Please note that the metals markets are highly volatile, therefore we must be able to verify your credit card within one business day from the order date. If we are unable to confirm your infomation we will be forced to cancel your order and refund your credit card. Should a refund occur, please allow 48-72 hours for the transaction amount to appear back onto your credit card.

Thank you,
The Gainesville Coins Team

So silver has come down six bucks since I ordered.
1. If I "accidentally" did not call them do you think they would actually cancel my order? ;)
2. Can they charge me money for that? :?
3. Is that just totally unethical and I should just call em and pay for my poor decision? :oops:
4. Do you think they just sold so much in the last couple days they would be happy not to sell stuff at 6 bucks more expensive cause they know the hard rebound is coming? :mrgreen:

Your advice/knowledge is greatly appreciated! :D
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Re: Gainsville Coin Verification/Cancelation?

Postby balz » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:02 pm

This is difficult. This is the kind of situation when your moral values and your wallet are up for a big fight. I'd like to help but I don't know what I'd do...
Last edited by balz on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balz
Penny Collector Member

Postby aloneibreak » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:05 pm

im gonna answer with 3 yes's and 1 no :)
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Why not call them and offer an option. Explain that you are calling to confirm the validity of your order, however, you are wondering if your coins will be available for immediate shipping? Due to market volatility, you are unwilling to pledge money on a credit card with uncertainty regarding a delivery timeframe. If they have them, you would be happy to honor your order, if they don't, you won't be upset if they rescind it. Let them decide.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby cesariojpn » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:28 pm

beauanderos wrote:Why not call them and offer an option. Explain that you are calling to confirm the validity of your order, however, you are wondering if your coins will be available for immediate shipping? Due to market volatility, you are unwilling to pledge money on a credit card with uncertainty regarding a delivery timeframe. If they have them, you would be happy to honor your order, if they don't, you won't be upset if they rescind it. Let them decide.

And be reasonable with the talk. don't act like a complete blowhard. Being nice goes a long way.....
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Hades12 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:57 pm

The terms page that come up during the order said they would verify some or all CC orders. Also said XX% fee to cancel for your convence.
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:08 pm

I bought 200 ASEs last Thursday and did not receive any such message/email. This was my first purchase with them. I usually shop at APMEX because I'm a platinium member.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Thanks for the advice/ info. Well I called and verified my order. Wanted to keep my good karma, and not do anything unethical.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals