CC Morgan

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

CC Morgan

Postby GA-Silver » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:39 pm

I have a few Morgan Dollars and wouldn't mind adding a CC minted Morgan to my small collection. I know LITTLE about grading coins, but what is the standard price for a CC Morgan in average conditon? I know that CC minted Morgans bring more than other Morgans, so the price of silver should have little bearing of the price.....
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Re: CC Morgan

Postby beauanderos » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:37 am

go to numismedia.com and you'll get the answers you are looking for
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:10 am

be careful with CC dollars......they all have good book value......but several dates are "plentiful" and often fall short of realizing book value upon sell or purchase.

Some dates also seem to be more rare in circ condition than UNC condition.....ie 1882 cc
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Dvorak » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 am

Numismedia.com for pricing
http://www.coincommunity.com/us_dollars/morgan.asp for mintage numbers and other facts
And I like http://www.pcgs.com/Photograde/# for grading pictures
Dvorak
Penny Sorter Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:02 am

And as always unless you know the diagnosis for the dies be very careful buying a raw coin. If you dont know how tell a fake from a real one buy one that is slabbed. There are a lot of fake CC Morgans floating around out there.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby GA-Silver » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:15 pm

Thanks so much for all the info guys!
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals