Silver already on the moon

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver already on the moon

Postby Ardent Listener » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:29 pm

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article23733.html

Lunar Gold Rush as NASA Discover Precious Metals on the Moon
Commodities / Gold and Silver 2010
Oct 24, 2010 - 04:55 AM

By: Pravda

Scientists have discovered that the surface of the Moon does actually contain deposits of the precious metal.
They made the "surprise" discovery after blasting a rocket into a lunar crater last year in order to find out whether it contained water.

They did find it but also discovered a treasure trove of elements - including traces of silver. But the levels are far too low to make it worth opening a lunar silver mine, Telegraph.co.uk reports.................................
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Re: Silver already on the moon

Postby Pennysaved » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:14 am

Maybe we could become prospectors up on the moon :-)
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:03 am

Very strange imo...... The lunar impactor revealed there are precious metals there, and we are supposed to think this single impact, and the contents of it, represents all of the moon? No geologist would jump to such a conclusion imo. Sounds a bit fishy to me. If you checked a random area of the earth, youd also verify nearly anywhere the presence, of trace amounts of gold, and silver. 99.9999 percent of places though, it wouldnt be worth a mine here either.

If there is gold or silver there at all, there easily could be a spot where it is amassed in quantity enough to mine it.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby gotin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm

Treetop wrote:Very strange imo...... The lunar impactor revealed there are precious metals there, and we are supposed to think this single impact, and the contents of it, represents all of the moon? No geologist would jump to such a conclusion imo. Sounds a bit fishy to me. If you checked a random area of the earth, youd also verify nearly anywhere the presence, of trace amounts of gold, and silver. 99.9999 percent of places though, it wouldnt be worth a mine here either.

If there is gold or silver there at all, there easily could be a spot where it is amassed in quantity enough to mine it.

I remember reading somewhere that to send 1kg of cargo in low orbit costs $3000. I don't know how much it will cost sending it to Earth from the Moon with it's 1/6 of the Earth's gravity, but I'd guess it will be pretty close. The $100 shipping per oz may be a little too much to make it stackable. :D
As a collectors item on the other hand....
gotin

Postby Treetop » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:13 pm

silver probably not, but gold, it just might be. Im not saying immediately or with current technology. but its very likely traveling to the moon will be much cheaper before long. Many groups working, on many different types of new shuttles.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby didou » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:32 pm

Treetop wrote:..

They have proof silver is there, and on earth where there is silver there is others precious metal too.

All the metal on the moon is on the near side of the moon, the only side we see from here. It come from the day the moon was all lava and the gravity of the earth pulled the heaviest element on this side. This half crust is way more heavy that the rest of the moon and it's core as proven by the Japanese probe KAGUYA (SELENE) (http://www.kaguya.jaxa.jp/index_e.htm) Heavier mean metal or precious elements.

Silver, gold and others metal price is very likely to goes up, you probably believe that if you are here. And the cost of bringing it back to earth will really goes down the minute a private space mining company enter the game. Right now it's only for scientific purpose and with a shuttle that date a few decade.
An individual has rights only as long as he can defend them.
didou
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Sure the moon has silver on it... why do you think it shines so brightly! :mrgreen:

Quote of the day: "Shine the people a light, and they will follow it anywhere"
Ukypea Heap
'Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers', by Firesign Theater, 1972ish
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Ardent Listener » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:44 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Sure the moon has silver on it... why do you think it shines so brightly! :mrgreen:

Ukypea Heap

Did you ever hear the song Shine on silver moon? :mrgreen:
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:30 pm

Ardent Listener wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Sure the moon has silver on it... why do you think it shines so brightly! :mrgreen:

Ukypea Heap

Did you ever hear the song Shine on silver moon? :mrgreen:

Oh, no!! Now I have that song stuck in my head!! :P
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby HelloMeteor » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:40 pm

There is not much that would make more sense mining anywhere but on earth, short of some mind-blowing propulsion breakthrough.
HelloMeteor
Penny Sorter Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:23 am

Sorting copper pennies tonight.. by the light of the silver moon. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Rosco » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:51 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:Sorting copper pennies tonight.. by the light of the silver moon. :mrgreen:

:P :P That was an old song when I was young You whipper snappers :P :P

I'm Sure that PTP will agree ;)
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals