Did ebay remove all AE Anniversary sets?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Did ebay remove all AE Anniversary sets?

Postby Hawkeye » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:29 pm

Put one back up as a high starting bid/ buy it now 24 hour listing. We will see what happens. It's like playing whac-a-mole, except we're the moles. :)
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Corsair » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 pm

Hawkeye wrote:Put one back up as a high starting bid/ buy it now 24 hour listing. We will see what happens. It's like playing whac-a-mole, except we're the moles. :)

Haha, I like that. Don't be surprised if you get a hit. I got very lucky tonight - made out like a bandit.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby penny pretty » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:54 am

I never sold on EBAY. so forgive my ignorance. I am a buyer with 100% feedback over a lot of years. I buy silver. copper, and WHY are ya complaining if ya dont have a product IN HAND to sell?
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Corsair » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:04 am

penny pretty wrote:I never sold on EBAY. so forgive my ignorance. I am a buyer with 100% feedback over a lot of years. I buy silver. copper, and WHY are ya complaining if ya dont have a product IN HAND to sell?

Never before has eBay (to my knowledge) had any problem with presales. And when you have an Order Confirmed from the Mint, you will be getting your coins. eBay has gone down the hill in the past few years - this is just another notch for them.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:15 pm

Shut down again. Maybe I will float one more buy it now only tonight. If that doesn't work, I'll just wait for another week or two.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:39 pm

I would have thought they might be shorter staffed on weekends.. but that is probably when all the parttimers that do it from home are on. How long were you up before they caught you? :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Double3 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:44 pm

Corsair wrote:
penny pretty wrote:I never sold on EBAY. so forgive my ignorance. I am a buyer with 100% feedback over a lot of years. I buy silver. copper, and WHY are ya complaining if ya dont have a product IN HAND to sell?

Never before has eBay (to my knowledge) had any problem with presales. And when you have an Order Confirmed from the Mint, you will be getting your coins. eBay has gone down the hill in the past few years - this is just another notch for them.

There was a rather large operation going for presale of 1oz AGEs that ended up being a big problem for them.

Guessing it has something to do with that.

Also I'm sure there are quite a few of these sellers that wont get as many sets as they think or didn't even buy them at all.

I have no problem with what they are doing. Besides I think by selling them right now you might be short changing yourself.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby wbeck » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:30 pm

To you guys who have had listings taken down... I suggest you DO NOT put them pack up if you want to keep your eBay account. Those guys are seriously Nazis about things like that. You're risking getting blacklisted FOREVER. Just be patient. The price will probably go up on these, or at least stay flat, until you get the coins anyway. It's not worth the risk.
wbeck
Penny Sorter Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:07 pm

I put my last set up for sale this morning but it got taken down after a couple hours. I'll probably wait on selling it for a while and see what happens. I do think that the price has nowhere to go but up if e-bay keeps scrubbing!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:53 pm

They are scrubbing hard, only one listing for any AE anniversary set up now!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:42 pm

They are laying the hammer down! I'm thinking about just forgetting it and waiting until I get them. I don't want to risk problems with my account, and as long as no one else is able to list either, I won't be missing out on anything. I was hoping to get one good presale, but I might be better off waiting. I'll keep watching though.

On a different note, does anybody have any idea where APMEX is going to set their price? I know that they're offering $425 a piece, but I wonder what they will sell them for. That might effect what they will be going for on ebay once they are delivered.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby spjegues » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:54 pm

got one sold yesterday- i set up as a 3 day with best offer I set it up as 3800 for the buy it now and accept any offer over 3499 for the 5 sets and auto reject under 3200. got a best offer within 5 minutes and got it sold.
spjegues
Penny Sorter Member

Postby twentybux » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:57 pm

spjegues wrote:got one sold yesterday- i set up as a 3 day with best offer I set it up as 3800 for the buy it now and accept any offer over 3499 for the 5 sets and auto reject under 3200. got a best offer within 5 minutes and got it sold.

Way to play the game. :D Nice sale.
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Wow! Good job! This is crazy!
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:12 pm

That is awesome. I was hesitant to list all 5 sets, but I would have done it in a heartbeat for that. Nice job!
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby spjegues » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:13 pm

blackrabbit wrote:Wow! Good job! This is crazy!

Yea I would have never thought this 5 coin sets would sell for 3500. Once I think ebay allows them the price is going to come down a whole bunch .

I would say keep trying to sell them while the iron is hot .
spjegues
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:29 pm

A few minutes ago, I noticed that there were 4 or 5 sets up. They have already been shut down.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:48 pm

Decided to list my last one for a Saturday night special. $750 buy it now, did not want to get too greedy. ;) I'm all tapped out now! :mrgreen: That was fun! 8-)
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby everything » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:24 pm

I looked at what happened with the 20th anniversary sets and figure waiting would be worth it.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:31 pm

I definitely think it could get crazier but figured a bird in the hand.... heck it still the best profit for the least amount of work that I have been able to do thus far. Good luck to the holders! I do think the odds are good you can get even larger returns. Let us know how it works out.
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals