Business opportunity

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Business opportunity

Postby Subby » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:23 am

Subby

Re: Business opportunity

Postby Silver Addict » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:06 am

What a way to make a living.
Silver Addict
Penny Collector Member

Postby ffej » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:42 am

Coming to America soon... :cry:
ffej
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:55 am

ffej wrote:Coming to America soon... :cry:

Agreed. Only it will be the trash dump owners re-opening their trash "mines" to get to recyclable items. There is an old, closed dump in my city and I have often wondered how much recyclable metals are in it. The bio-hazards from that old dump have got to be immense!

Hmmm, maybe this thread belongs in the "Scrap Metal Salvage" section?
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby wbeck » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:11 pm

It's actually a half way valid business in theory. I bet if done in a modern way (read machinery) one could make it pan out in the states economically. Old dumps have sooooooooo much aluminum and other stuff we commonly recycle now. The gold and silver would just be a bonus!
wbeck
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Hades12 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:37 am

I have wondered myself why it was not being done yet. My guess would be the Toxic material, Heavy metal and liquids.
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby avidbrandy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:47 am

"He got lucky on a recent day. "I found a bracelet with 9 grams (0.32 avoir ounces) of gold. I got 2,000 quetzals ($256) for it""

:(
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby pennymanofmoney » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:00 pm

It's sad to see anyone working in those conditions.
pennymanofmoney

Postby cesariojpn » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:03 pm

Hades12 wrote:I have wondered myself why it was not being done yet. My guess would be the Toxic material, Heavy metal and liquids.

Back in the 80's, with the earth day movements and whatnot, people were thinking up some weird designs and machines to recycle waste streams and "mine" old dumps for resources. Unfortunately, at the time, much of the ideas were more fantasy than fact.

Perhaps those ideas need to be revisited.....
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals